Changing VAT Invoice

Changing VAT Invoice

Hello, to all, 

i have a question regarding VAT invoice received from airbnb.com for the use of their service. Comapny is the owner of the apartments we are renting and i am person from the company. I have filled all the details of the company under my settings including VAT number, however all the invoices are including my name NOT the company, and there is VAT tax, but the company accountants are saying that there should be no VAT TAX on that. How can AIRBNB change the name on the Invoice and how to fix The VAT tax problem? 

Hope to hear from anybody, 

Thank you.

Domantas

5 Replies 5

I have the same issue!

Pedro680
Level 1
Paço de Arcos, Portugal

+1

I have requested the accommodation on airbnb for work and receipt did not include any company details. Only my first name.

Invoice is still a mirage after 2 months.

I have plan do a formal complain to tax authority because they full charge and no invoice come from what have been taken on credit card.

With this a lot of taxes aren't paied.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Pedro680 Airbnb will only issue an invoice/receipt for the service fees, an invoice/receipt for the cost of your accommodation should be requested from the host.

To add your company details to your account click the link below:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2231/how-do-i-join-airbnb-as-a-company-or-manage-company-info-...

Pedro680
Level 1
Paço de Arcos, Portugal

@Jeff158

That's the thing.....it shouldn't be me to ask to host

It should be the airbnb platform to provide the invoice after the host obliged to upload invoice into airbnb platform.

And only after host upload the issued invoice airbnb transfer the funds to host.

Then guest can download if needed.

I fully understand that airbnb should only issue an invoice for their services. I got the expect invoice with company details.

So let's not mix issue and provide invoice.

If you are member of airbnb staff please check my messages about this issue.

But to resume:

1. I have asked airbnb for invoice

2. airbnb told that I must ask host

3. I ask host for invoice

4. host told me that is not aware of providing invoice and will contact airbnb france

5. host after talk with airbnb france tell that airbnb france told him that should be me to ask airbnb

6. go to point 1

Do you see the endless loop?

And what about the Occupancy Taxes, who must issue the invoice?

When you use Uber, is Uber that send you the invoice even if it is not issued by Uber.

Regarding company details are there.

Why, when airbnb issue the receipt there is no reference to company details if trip is marked as business?

BR,

Pedro

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Pedro680 No I don't work for airbnb, I'm just another host on the forum helping when I can.

Have a look at the post below to see if it solves your problem.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Guest-has-requested-an-invoice-for-his-business/m-p/679754

This post might also help:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2442/as-a-travel-admin--how-can-i-get-a-receipt-for-a-business...