Changing dates of long term stays after commencement

Changing dates of long term stays after commencement

Hi All

By mutual consent guest and myself want to shorten a long term booking.  The booking has already commenced.  If I initiate change request and guest accepts are there any downsides for me (eg cost or status penalties) other than income I would have earned for the longer period?

Appreciate any help!

J

4 Replies 4
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Julia2882,

As long the host accepts the guest's alteration date request, that is no penalty on the host side.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1504/how-does-it-work-if-a-guest-wants-to-change-their-reservati...

Nevertheless, if the payment has done to the hosting account, the guest requests to shorten the reservation date, and the host accepted. Airbnb will deduct the host's future payout recording to the check-out early date.

Both guests and hosts can decline an alteration request to keep a reservation as-is.

Guests and hosts may send an alteration request if they'd like to make changes to a confirmed reservation.

If you accept, changes to the confirmed reservation will be reflected immediately.

The safest way to secure your payment, do not accept the alteration request; advise the guest is necessary to make the cancellation by the guest side rather than shorten down the reservation date.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2389/can-i-decline-an-alteration-request

Thanks for this.  I'm actually looking to do this the other way round - where I want to shorten and the guest is OK with this.

@Julia2882 You can go through the process of changing the dates and you will see the price changes and/or override them. If all looks good then send the alteration request to the guest. There are no plenties for changing dates . .  only cancelations. 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Isn’t it also true that with alteration requests, you have to add back in cleaning and other fees to the request? I seem to remember getting burnt by something like that in the past.