Changing location of my listing

Linda254
Level 3
California, United States

Changing location of my listing

My place is a city in Los Angeles, but 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles.
I had a person cancel today because she said she didn't realize it was so far and she was having to get a ride.
I can not change to the name of my city, airbnb just puts Los Angeles there for me.
When I go to edit address, I get this message:
"Listings can’t move location. Create a new listing for a different address."
I just want it to to say "San Pedro" (which is my address) instead of Los Angeles.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

I have already done all of this:
Edit your listing address

To edit your listing address:

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
  2. Click Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to edit
  3. Hover on the left side of the page to open the menu
  4. Click Location
  5. Click Edit Address and complete the fields
  6. Click Save Address

11 Replies 11
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You could add to your descrption - 30 mins drive to Downtown LA - and you do already say that there is limited public transport in your area. Some people just do not read descrptions so it will happen from time to time

Hi @Linda254,

Just until recently (last week) I would have had a solution for you as you were able to change this via the app but now Airbnb has closed that loophole with the newest update.  You will need to contact Airbnb and they have to do this manually.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Linda254  You could change the name of your listing to include 'San Pedro': go to Description/Listing name.  You may need to adjust the wording to fit the 20 character limit.  I did this to make my location clear.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I hve never been to LA but I assume that it would take 2 hours or so to drive from one side to another. 

You listing shows where you are, your photos suggested to me before I looked at the map where you are, you are going to get weird requests from weird people, just chalk this one down to that.

David
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Linda254

I'm sorry to hear you have followed the instructions on how to edit your address and it hasn't worked. I am finding out why this might be the case. 

I suggest in the meantime that you contact the airbnb support team directly as they should be able to change it for you. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to contact them.

I hope you can get it sorted soon!

Kirstie

@Kirstie,

Please read my response above and it will explain why she cannot change it. 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Fazal1
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi Linda 

i am unable to edit can someone help me please i have may aparements in Dubai other are good

Hi Team,

We are unable to change the location address to Saklespur. Please help us to do the same and confirm.

Please share your customer care number to reach you.

Thanks,

Sohan

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tri-Woods-Plantation-Far0,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

If it is not possible to edit your location yourself, you will need to contact the Support Team who can do this for you. Here is a useful Community Guide on the different ways to reach them.

It would be great to hear how you get on. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Neema1
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

i am unable to show my location(kenya). HELP!!!!!

Maricel19
Level 1
Siquijor, Philippines

How to edit my location pls help