Changing my cancellation policy to Super Strict

Kristine1
Level 3
Lenexa, KS

Changing my cancellation policy to Super Strict

HI there! How do I contact airbnb to change my cancellation policy!  I'm not comfortable at all allowing for people to cancel  a week ahead of time and recieve any money back.  We have guests booking a year in advance, to loose that income is not acceptable to me. Thanks so much! 

7 Replies 7
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Kristine1,

Airbnb will invite a host to use the Super Strict Cancellation Policy if they meet the following criteria:

- Marquee property, usually with a high rate (e.g. $10,000/night)

- Property is subject to serious seasonality.

- Good track record with both guests and Airbnb.

If you meet this criteria, contact Airbnb and they may give it to you.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Esther53
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

I am thinking of leaving airbnb for this reason.  I will get better cancellation policies with other companies. I completely agree with you that if people cancel even a month ahead of time then they shouldn't get all of their money back.  This is becuase we have high and low seasons and I expect to booked out for the high season.  if people can cancel whenever they want it can mean no occupation of the property during that time. Not good for a business

I totally agree. Besides, it is not fair policy. Airbnb will never refund their fees while they force hosts to be super flexible with regards to cancelation. If I get two bookingg requests from different providers I always give priority to others because of Airbnb cancelation policy. 

Amen!  

I would like to offer this for X'mas but it is not available 😞

Nicholas110
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, MY

I am on a Strict Cancellation policy which, after the recent change in cancellation rules unilatrally imposed by AirBnB, is not strict enough. I applied for and was declined Super Strict 30 or 60, they say that it is offered only to remote non-urban properties, which mine is. 

Somewhere I read that only seasonal properties qualify. If my bookings are all concentrated April to October then is that not seasonal enough?

Anyway after several exchanges they confirmed they would not offer me that status. I asked for clarification as to criteria for eligibility and they closed the conversation. I am not happy at the lack of transarency.

Does anyone have any idea of the eligibility critieria? 

Like one other host, having a reservation in place for one year and then receive a last minute cancellation with little or no compenstion is not acceptable. It is particularly painful if you have only the one property, it is either full or empty..feast or famine.

Peter584
Level 2
Pontardawe, United Kingdom

same happen to me they just took away my 30 days notice and replaced with 14 days, serval guests have cancelled peak dates and its costing me money,  i signed up with booking.com, expidia, trip advisor, who all allow whatever period you want. I plan on leaving airbnb very soon, they are also forcing down the nightly rate with the supid auto suggestions.

Caroline964
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have a ski apartment which has a three month season and only two weeks are peak weeks - Christmas and February half term. I had a 10-day booking for February half term which has just been cancelled. How do I contact airbnb to ask for a super strict cancellation policy?