Changing periodically from private room to entire apartment

Natalie71
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Changing periodically from private room to entire apartment

Hello!

I rent a private room in my home, but I would like to be able to list the same place as an entire apartment when I'm out of town. I'm not out of town very often so I don't want to start a whole new listing. I'd just like to select the days in my calendar that are 'entire apartment' bookings. I don't see an option so that I can do this. Does the option not exist? Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Natalie71 The only way to accomplish what you're asking about is to create a second listing. Link the two listings' calendars (sync'd/linked) and leave the larger one blocked most of the time. It's really not that hard once you've set it up.

@Dede0, I'm very new at this and have a similar predicament, how do you sync or linked the two accounts? Thank you in advance as I might not be able to find this thread again to thank you for your help 🙂

Hi @Emily128,

Dave here just down the road in Edmonton.

You cannot sync the two calendars so when you have it setup like this, you need to be vigilent in watching your calendars and don't use Instant Book.

Here is a help article that covers this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/289/how-do-i...

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Emily, go to Host, Calender, Availability Settings, scroll on the menu to the bottom and you will see Sync Calender. Import or Export from/to the other listing.

However in your case, since Entire is the less frequently used options. Block it for all the dates that the Guest can book in advance (normally default to 6 months or as decided when you set up your listing). when you are out of town or travel, then unblock those dates and go to the private Room listing to block it. You will have to do it manually and goes to BOTH listing to update the Calender.

You only select Sync Calender if you are always having both listing available for guest to book.