Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Corner-Cottage0
Level 1
Leura, Australia

Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Settng up a website with Channel Management to connect with OTA's like Airbnb - does Airbnb have this facility to link to a Channel Manager System?

100 Replies 100
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

You'd really have to ask Airbnb this question unless there is a host that visits this forum that can answer.  Cheers and enjoy your warm weather!

you're lucky, I visited this forum 😉

Thanks to all the community. 

The CHANNEL MANAGERS listed here such as Xotelia and BookingSync let you synch both availabilities and prices with your own Pms?
I've just spoken with my Pms and they told me that there are channel managers CERTIFIED by Airbnb. 

They mentioned that Airbnb has certified the first bunch of Channel Managers and that others may be included in the second step.

Where is this list of certified channel managers for Airbnb ?

thanks

I just write to highlight the fact that some of the people writing here may be working for those channel managers. Some of them are transparent about this while others use side account to advertise their software. 

Would be nice to see something official from Airbnb regarding the Certified Channel Managers Software for hosts. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

As you may have seen I have removed some of content in a post above. Just to highlight advertising goes against the Community Center Guidelines and it should be declared if you are linked with a particular company. More information on this can be view in the guidelines post, do take a look.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Good move Lizzie,

although an official list of Channel Managers certified by Airbnb would be strongly needed by professional hosts. 

We are in 2016 and to manually update prices and availability through online calendars it's a nightmare and subject to mistakes. 

Advanced hosts need a list of compatible channel managers to link in two ways of synch between their Pms and Airbnb. 

Can you ask for this official list please?

thanks

So Lizzie - what is the link we are asking for?

You are so right.    we are listed hosts and travelers with AIRBNB, and small hotel owner/operators as well...  If that is not enough, we have written property management software with a facility for channel managing.  We are currently integrating with Expedia.com and will then be doing the same with Booking.com...    we hope to find where to contact AIRBNB to contract with them as well...  as hosts, I know it will help us (we currently have 10 properties with AIRBNB and will do more, but we need the channel manager to help keep track of things, even when we are not in the office)   

So if anyone knows the url, or email address to which to make contact, please send it to me  at  [personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Thank you very much...

Richard ****

Hi all,

My names Beau and I work in Business Development for SiteMinder and Little Hotelier. 

If you haven’t already heard, today it was announced that Airbnb has selected SiteMinder as their first global hotel technology partner.

That means for the first-time boutique hotels and B&Bs can have a real-time connection of room rates and availability between their PMS and Airbnb. 

You can also express your interest here: http://bit.ly/2FWVwU2 

Let me know if you want any further information.

Thanks,
Beau

@Beau9

Airbnb is looking for boutique hotels and B&Bs that offer a “unique” guest experience, such as highly-rated independent hotels with guest rooms that offer personal touches, locally-relevant or unique amenities, and knowledgeable owners/hosts available on the property full-time. In line with Airbnb’s regular standards, not all hotels are eligible to list on Airbnb and so not all will be accepted; SiteMinder strongly encourages hotels to consider their eligibility before beginning their application.

From your web site, you suggest there is some qualification? Beyong the very basic norm?

David

@David126

Hi David,

Hope all is well,

Yes, You would have to apply and set up a channel manager with SiteMinder. Once completed your request for an Airbnb connection will be sent to Airbnb where they will begin the qualifying process.

Thanks,
Beau

@Beau9

Thanks, I have an AirBnB account and have had one for over 2 years, so I would need a new account? Can I not use my current one?

I appreciate I would need your channel manager, something I have been thing of doing for some time.

David

@David126

Fantastic, In regards to using an old account or setting up a new, The process will be done through Airbnb. Best to contact Airbnb in regards to this query.

We can assist you with setting up the channel manager and getting your property in the best position for this exclusive connection.

The connection will be released in March.

Thanks,
Beau

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Corner-Cottage0

Hello,

Lovely to meet you, thanks for posting your topic. Just to introduce myself my name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager for the English speaking area of the Community Center. I hope you don't mind, I have moved your post in the 'Living Room' board to the 'General Hosting' board as I think it will be useful there and more visible for other hosts to respond to on this subject area. I hope this is fine with you. 

Does anyone have any experience of this and might be able to help with this question? 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.