Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Corner-Cottage0
Level 1
Leura, Australia

Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Settng up a website with Channel Management to connect with OTA's like Airbnb - does Airbnb have this facility to link to a Channel Manager System?

100 Replies 100
Jimmy3
Level 1
Paihia, New Zealand

Connecting to a channel manager is big business. why hasn't airbnb addressed this issue?

Just sayin"...

Hi Jimmy,

Hope all is well,

Yes, Connecting to a channel manager is big business.

If you haven’t already heard, today it was announced that Airbnb has selected SiteMinder as their first global hotel technology partner.

For more information, you can check out the official announcement on Airbnb’s website here: 

http://bit.ly/2EpS8Eb

You can also express your interest here: http://bit.ly/2FWVwU2 

Let me know if you want any further information.

Thanks,
Beau

@Beau9

Also what about places that already use AirBnB do they need to re qualify?

David

Hi, I've just been trying to work this via a call to Airbnb. My understanding is that Airbnb offer either importing or exporting of their calendar, to some other sites using the ical (google) calendar. However, they do not work with "channel managers" as such. The channel manager I am looking at does not work with ical, so therefore it won't talk to airbnb and vice versa. I'm not sure if there are other channel management systems that operate with ical. Still trying to work this out..

Hope this helps (!)

@Kristine35

Hi Kristine

My names Beau and I work in Business Development for SiteMinder and Little Hotelier Australia. 

If you haven’t already heard, Airbnb has selected SiteMinder as their first global hotel technology partner.

That means for the first-time boutique hotels and B&Bs can have a real-time connection of room rates and availability between their PMS and Airbnb. 

For more information, you can check out the official announcement on Airbnb’s website here: http://bit.ly/2EpS8Eb

You can also express your interest here: http://bit.ly/2FWVwU2 

Let me know if you want any further information.

Thanks,
Beau

*** [Edited]

Romain-and-Flo0
Level 3
Aix-en-Provence, France

Hello

Nice to meet you, I'm Romain, Superhost in Provence (France) and winner of Top Host Award 😉 

I use BookingSync for this sync issue, from several months now, but mostly, I use another of their features, which allows me to 

configure several kind of messages to be transmitted at each stage of the booking, it helped me gain a lot of time

I use vrconnection.com great service, in additon to templates, automated emails it does a fantastics job with key dates.  While payments not an issue with AirBNB, it will remind to send access informaiton etc. You can even set up custom automated emails like Remind Cleaner about booking 3 days before checkin date.  Even has Notify cleaner button which sends nicely formattted email to cleaning service will upcomming dates.  Has nice statistical reporting that helps you look at booking trends, rental income by source, # inquiries, # Bookings etc...

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

We were talking about a list of CERTIFIED CHANNELS FOR AIRBNB.

Other advertising post like this have been deleted already. 

Thanks I hadn't been aware. Full disclosure. Don't work for them just proudly use their service. While they tecnically also advertise they suck at that, in 8+ years I don't think they got me one booking. However as workflow management for all aspects of managing vacation rental(s) it ROCKS.

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Yes, I agree. I would like an official list they work. This would give me much more confidence. 

I am NOT working for any PMS company or paid by any PMS company. 

As you can see from my profile, I manage approx 15 aptmts which are listed on multiple plateforms and am desperately searching for the right PMS. I have spent uncountable hours to try to figure out WHICH property management system to choose from and have had so much time wasted by speaking to PMS that do NOT integrate with airbnb (as very few are actually integrated with airbnb), and as approx half of my business relies on airbnb i can not work with a PMS that is not integrated with airbnb. YES it would be great that airbnb has a section on it s site to state the list of the PMS that ARE integrated with airbnb fully (not just an Ical integration). the only one i found is this one : but there might be a more recent one : http://www.vacationrentalmarketingblog.com/airbnb-10-partnerships/ this list was already mentionned more above in the thread but it seems some people have not seen it. I am integrating with bookingsync at the moment, a PMS that has an API integrated with airbnb, so this is different from only an ical integration. 

Mathilda3
Level 1
Pretoria, South Africa

Being completely new to this industry i started the hard way and manually listed my property with a number of sites. Later i discovered Nightsbridge and haven't looked back since. Want to sync up my airbnb account to Nightsbridge. Can this be done or not?

I'm looking forward to Airbnb to release an OFFICIAL LIST OF CERTIFIED CHANNEL MANAGERS .

Bettina42
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Only with a PC, not with a MAC.