Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Corner-Cottage0
Level 1
Leura, Australia

Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Settng up a website with Channel Management to connect with OTA's like Airbnb - does Airbnb have this facility to link to a Channel Manager System?

100 Replies 100
Marko74
Level 2
Petrovac, Montenegro

Hello everybody, I got 5 units and looking for a channel manager.
Tried a couple already, but still didn't find a definite one.

2 nights ago I registered with Syncbnb , is anybody using them?
(I am not advertising them, someone here already mentioned them earlier, that's how I found out about them)
Actually, the same night they connected me to 4 OTA channels, but what was not so pleasant is that you have to give them your username/pass for a each portal, and then they connect you. And for Airbnb they added their number to my account and also added themselves as a cohost, some strange system, but it is working. 4 portals are getting synced in 2-3min (they obliged to do it in max 5min, again a chance for double bookings :/), but not sure how trustful they are?

Especially with all my logins.  😕

Is anybody using them for a longer period, how good they are?

P.S.
they do only dates sync, nothing more, not prices etc, but that is what I need,
I don't want to go creating all my units again, since I am already registered where I want to sell my property.

Philippe40
Level 1
Kuta, Indonesia

As owner of a Channel Manager - we are desperate to get accepted by Airbnb for API connection since few months now.

I beleive Airbnb starts working with the big players first and we will come after but how long more will we have to wait 😞

Hi,

To set up a website which can enable you to take and manage online bookings you will need a hotel reservation system and sync your inventories and rates with OTAs like AirBnB you will need a channel manager. 

I will like to suggest you QloApps. It is an open-source and free hotel reservation system with a lot of cool features.

We have developed a channel manager also which sync your inventories and rates with different OTAs.

For more information, you can drop a mail at **

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi, 

so I am trying to set up our listings with AirBnb. We are using QloApps for direct bookings. How do I connect the system to Airbnb or vice versa?

Best wishes from Germany,

Irina

Vacation-Beach0
Level 3
Charlotte, NC

Has anyone noticed a decrease in reservations when adding a channel manager? I seem to have a much slower occupancy when i am connected... so i disconnected and the reservations come flooding in... anyone else notice this?

John143
Level 6
Julian, CA

Is there a channel manager that will not lose Airbnb reviews.  I was going to sign with Red Awning and they told me that I would lose all my reviews.

Are you shure they said "lose all your reviews" as in, delete them off AirBnB, because that is impossible. on the other hand transferring your reviews to other marketplaces like booking.com or TripAdvisor will also be impossible as they have their own system and would have to re-create users to leave reviews for you, which would technically be fraud.

so what they are saying should be quite logical: they will not copy your reviews to different platfoms, you keep all your existing reviews on AirBnB

Tamim2
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Yes, after many years of requests by Airbnb hosts, they have finally officially introduced partnerships with channel managers via an API/XML. 

However, choosing the correct channel manager is often a difficult decision with so many options out there. There are some primary factors to consider when making the right decision: 

1. XML/API capability with multiple channels. (i.e. an official partner with Airbnb) 
This is essential to achieve real-time synchronization and avoid the massive hassle of double booking. XML also brings in many crucial features for inventory or pricing management which the primitive iCal technology lacks. 

2. An integrated property management solution
As you already decided to pay for a platform for channel management why not have features to automate your guest and housekeeping communications? The best channel managers can also help out solve the critical pain points such as holiday pricing strategies, payment processing, automated communications and even provide you with a personalized website for direct bookings. 

3. Pricing of the channel manager 
Never go for a % based channel managers, they always cost you more money in the long run. A flat progressive pricing model suits you the best. 

As an Airbnb host myself who has managed over 65+ listings at a time, I can recommend using BookingAutomation.com for your needs of not just a channel manager but an entire property management system. I am part of the Booking Automation team, and I can help you quickly integrate into our system. As well, we have a two-week free trial which you can start anytime. 

how's it going now in 2020?
still with booking automation?
still offering a free trial?

Beatrice89
Level 2
Bordighera, Italy

Hi everyone, I need your help! My friend just set up for me this ''Property Management system'' but now I'm not able anymore to choose the price that I want. How can I cancel it? 

Sorry for my bad english. 

This was posted a long time ago, but maybe my answer will do good to someone else 🙂

When you activate a channel manager, you can change your prices only through channel manager, not like you are used to, through AirBnb profile. 

Availability also! 

Channel manager becomes "a master" and Airbnb profile "a slave". 

You do everything through Channel Manager from then on concerning prices/availability/min stay.