Charge of Security Deposit

Charge of Security Deposit

Hi,

I am new to AirBNB and have just accepted a booking. However, I dont know if I have asked for a security deposit!!!! It isn't coming up on the payout and when I went into setting it wasnt there (now added)

How do I go back to the person that booked the house and ask for the deposit to be paid through AirBNB?

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Security Deposits are not charged, it is a theoretical amount to be claimed against if there is damge.

David

Ah thanks ... so if there is a claim does Airbnb have to get the money from the customer or is there a credit card number that is left ... can the customer do a runner if they damage my house 😞

They could cancel the card if they used a card to pay, different forms of payment on different Countries.

From a practical point of view seems generally they have to effectively agree that they caused the damage for AirBnB to process the claim.

David
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

You need to make sure you have your own insurance to cover any damage. Don't rely on either Airbnb's fake deposit, or on their host guarantee.

have you been burnt?

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

No. But I have read of other hosts that have, plus it is common sense really to rely on your own insurance. Companies like Airbnb can be very hard to deal with when something goes wrong. It is better to be able to work directly with the insurance experts.