Check-In Times

Toni4042
Level 2
Maleny, Australia

Check-In Times

Hello.

Is there any way to make a check-in time (or check-out time), not on the whole hour?  For example I would love to set my check-in time to 2.30.  With the extra cleaning required for covid, 2.00 can be tight, while I do seem to make the 2.30 deadline.  However I don't seem to be able to pick minutes on check-in/out; it just defaults to '00".  Does anyone know any tricks around this?

Thank you, Toni.  

6 Replies 6
Natalie294
Level 6
California, United States

I don’t think so because I’ve tried to set up the same thing and haven’t been able to figure out how to do it! I wanted a 10:30am checkout instead of 11am. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you just set it fit the standard check in time Airbnb suggests if 3 pm @Toni4042 

@Toni4042  I'd set it to 3 PM by default. But when you have a confirmed guest who just happens to be arriving in your town earlier in the day, you can offer an earlier check-in as a special favor. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Toni4042 

My check-in time is 3 pm. I am usually done and ready much earlier but I want/need the extra time in case a problem arises (i.e current guest checks out late, there is a broken item that needs to be replaced, my vacuums dies, I'm feeling sluggish, quick repair needs to be done, personal emergency, etc., etc., etc.) My point is, take the extra half hour, you may someday need it.

I usually message the guest when the space is ready and let them know they can check-in early. Many are pleasantly surprised. Many don't show up until well past my check-in time anyway.

Toni4042
Level 2
Maleny, Australia

Thank you for your responses.  I have been trying these suggestions but bottom line, 2.30 is the best earliest check-in time for me.  My area is big on weddings, and weddings seem to start by 3.00.  I seem to be ready by 2.30.  With covid cleans, it takes a little longer to prepare for my guest's stay.  What would also help, would be a check-out by 10.30, instead of the usual 11.00.  Otherwise, I need to set check-out to 10.00 which is probably a little early...especially after a wedding!  🙂

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Toni4042 from across the ocean in Auckland, New Zealand, @Stephanie  recently posted an update in relation to the Enhanced Cleaning Protocols, you may like to find and read it using related Keywords in the search-box.

You can always include a piece in your listing about Check-in and check out times  so people are aware of it, and include it in your booking info for clarity.

All the best for catching up and being involved with the thrill and excitement of Weddings in your location.