Check-in guide gone?

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Check-in guide gone?

One of my three check-in links has vaporized recently. Airbnb CS seems to be stumped. Has this happened to anyone else?

59 Replies 59

it's missing for me too and I have contacted the Support team since end of last week, but so far no answer why.

I think this started to happen in the last mobile app version. If you have the link saved somewhere it still works, but the icon is gone.

Still missing...gone from iPad, now gone from iPhone ....its a pain. they mentioned it was being fixed????

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @René137 ,

Can you please let me know what type of device you have?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

hi Stephanie, magically this feature started to work again. Looks like reporting to you we get things sorted way faster 🙂

Btw, I have an Android device and my Airbnb version is: 19.43.2 (21054254).

Now you might be able to help me with another issue: I can't save my guest review drafts to submit in another time. Now even after click save and I leave and come back is all gone. I tried from the Chrome browser too and it's not working for me...

Hi Stephanie the check in link to send in messages has disappeared for me, can you help? Thank you Zoe 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Zoe266 ,

Same question, any device specifics you can give me so I can get it reported asap 🙂

Thanks

-----

Hi Stephanie

On the very bottom line of the message guest page where the 3 symbols are, first one being the camera, there used to be a key symbol(which was the check in instructions) and when you clicked on it , it would instantly appear in the write a message section so you could send to the guest, it has now disappeared. If you give me a direct email address i can email a picture of the page if you need it, i can't attach on here. 

Thank you, hope you can help.
Zoe

Karen965
Level 3
Dumfries, United Kingdom

It seems to still be a problem as the key is still lost to me and my co host on all devices. Is this a permanent feature and do the guests still get the information sent to them by airbnb? I’m concerned that they get no information at all and are relying on the link. (Although I will lift the link from a previous message)

Hi Karen , I’m having this issue and just read your message, thanks for the tip on lifting from another message , wouldn’t have thought of doing that had you not mentioned it, just made my life a lot easier, did it take long for yours to come back thank you Zoe 

Natalie725
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Yep! I had the same issue too. I contacted Airbnb support and got the worst reply back telling me "it is absolutely working." Then I complained about this customer service representative to another, and the other person said there was an issue. They are all over the place and so are their software developers! Always a bug or glitch, or lack of customer care. This issue has just been resolved on my devices, but I was without it for a few weeks on my laptop. 

Rachel1461
Level 1
Oakland, CA

I'm having this issue as well. Additionally, sending the old link doesn't work because it's not a hyperlink...just text. 

Melvin50
Level 1
Sabah, Malaysia

Hi there, mine has been missing these few days. Any luck with everyone else?

Dan11641
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Same here ! Don’t update to latest iPhone version - no also no access to saved messages . Instead of fixing they are breaking the software 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Dan11641 et al,

Thanks for sharing this problem. I've just heard back from the development team and a fix for this issue will be rolled out in the next update for the app. 

Thanks for you patience and understanding in this,

Stephanie

-----

Jenée0
Level 2
Mooresville, IN

Yes my check in guide is fine from our listings or rather I cannot send it anymore through the message thread