Check-in guide gone?

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Check-in guide gone?

One of my three check-in links has vaporized recently. Airbnb CS seems to be stumped. Has this happened to anyone else?

59 Replies 59
Jacqui-And-Dallas0
Level 2
South West Rocks, Australia

check in details gone completely now. I have to manually send the guests the details now. please can someone look into this? Thankyou in advance Jacqui

John4579
Level 1
Rincon, PR

It has also happened to me. The key icon in the messages that contain the instructions is now missing.....

Kerryn18
Level 1
Maroochydore, Australia

Yep, mu check in guide shortcut has disappeared.

Have upgraded my phone to iphone 11 and it made no dofference

Kit372
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

https://airbnb.com/reservation/check-in-guide/

Add your listing # at the end of this link following the forward slash

You can find your listing # by viewing your listing, as a traveler, on a browser

The first group of numbers in the URL should be your listing number

On a side note- I highly recommend beyond pricing for setting your units pricing. Think about it- you live in a city where the tourist population fluctuates up to 3-5 times the regular amount, your pricing should be as seasonal as your town's tourist traffic.

Earn more with less effort. No brainer.

I sound like a spam robot.

END.

I will receive a small referral bonus if you sign-up through this link, so thank you in advance

This (and my personalized link which has worked for the last 3 years) is now returning a 404 error message.

Thank you for this link, that works, using the listing number at the end! 

Thomas27
Level 3
Joshua Tree, CA

I’m also still missing my key icon. Luckily I saved the link but now have to manually copy paste it into my check in message. What a hassle. 

Michael4538
Level 2
Brandon, FL

Amazing how they say to offer a contactless check in, but no explanation of what happened to the key/check in link! 

Victoria881
Level 2
Catheys Valley, CA

This has happened to me as well. They also have taken away all my messages prior to about a week ago, so I can no longer get in touch with guests who checked out over a week ago. Unfortunately a couple were waiting to hear back from me about a man moving out of one of my rentals. I called Airbnb. They said that escalated. But as usual nobody calls back

Mercedes269
Level 1
México D.F., Mexico

Hi all! I might have found a way to create the link, I honestly don't know if it will work. So if somebody can try and confirm, would be great for all. 

Luckily I saved my check in links before Airbnb removed the key icon. I still send them through the Airbnb chat to all my guests and they seem to be able to open. So I hope this works for you  🙂

I noticed all our Airbnbs have a code in the link, for example, the link to my property is:

https://www.airbnb.mx/rooms/28859000?source_impression_id=p3_1611249594_mIUzYDH%2B1wVIejuk

The code I refer to would be this number:  28859000

Now, my check in guide link when provided from Airbnb was as follows:

https://www.airbnb.com/reservation/check-in-guide/28859000

The code 28859000 is the same as the one contained in my property link, so maybe, if we put together https://www.airbnb.com/reservation/check-in-guide/ and add the code next, it could work.

If somebody does this and succeeds let me know!!

Alycia3
Level 2
Portland, OR

YES! I am SO irritated! I also tried calling, of course no one knows anything, very nice folks who sort of walk through the platform with me to discover what I had already explained. From what I gather it is just gone. She did tell me I can leave feedback on the website. So that is like screaming into the void.  I am super bummed, so have they just stopped sending them out as they did before? No wonder so many guests are trying to get into my house without instructions to get to the apartment. I was already irritated they just took away our ability to send guests our check in guide and started sending it themselves. Now they just deleted the whole darn thing. This platform is driving me bananas. It is like they are always doing these "upgrades" that just make things worse and worse. 

Sorry for bitching. Stay strong fellow hosts. 

@Alycia3  Do you have a tab called "info for guests" on your listing?  Scroll down to "arrival details" and there you'll see check-in instructions.  And do you use the app on your phone?  On the app, you can go to "listing" and scroll all the way down to see "info for guests."  There you can add more detail to check-in instructions.

I'm having this same issue. I've used the same check-in guide for years, and all of a sudden the link is returning a 404 error message to all my guests (even though I can still click on the link). I can't find anywhere to edit / update / create a new check-in guide. It's like they had a feature and took it away but didn't tell us. 

I HATE AIRBNB CS FOR HOSTS! It's literally the worst I've ever experienced, and only getting worse. 

How do we elevate an issue for Airbnb to look at? Do they just let us talk here amongst ourselves and do nothing about it? This is infuriating. 

David3063
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Same issue. Manually creating the link worked for me but it seems to link out to logging in via the web rather that linking to the app. I'm wondering how secure this is? Can anyone with the link view your checkin instructions or only guests that have booked