Check-in guide gone?

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Check-in guide gone?

One of my three check-in links has vaporized recently. Airbnb CS seems to be stumped. Has this happened to anyone else?

59 Replies 59
Jennie91
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I'm trying to create my first check-in guide, yet there seems to be no link to do so... any tips on how??

@Jennie91 you can only do it in your phone app. With a message window open you should see a small key icon at the bottom of the window. If you select that it should open a pop-up inviting you to create your check-in guide.

Jennie91
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks, Lisa - I'm looking for this... what message window? My inbox message? 

Jennie91
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I found it! Thanks so much!!

Kastytis0
Level 3
Vilnius, Lithuania

I noted that key icon has disappeared. Did it happen for you as well?

To me too! I really need it. Omg 

Marian1940
Level 2
Southampton, United Kingdom

yep, disappeared! been on the phone to airbnb, absolutely useless, they have no idea and trying to fob me off. last month i wasn't paid, this month guests couldn't access check in details and now they have disappeared altogether. not a happy bunny!! 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Truly a very sad day.

I hope it's a glitch that will get fixed. That checkin key is a perfect way to welcome a guest

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Kastytis0  @Paul154  I still have it, at least for now. When it disappeared before it eventually reappeared.

Kastytis0
Level 3
Vilnius, Lithuania

Very strange. Here is what I see:

Screenshot_20191019-160626.jpg

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Kastytis0 I keep a copy of the link that key icon produces so I can include it directly in messages sent from the website (vs phone app). When the key icon disappeared for me, that link was dead. Eventually it was live again and the key icon reappeared. My speculation is that the server hosting the link went down and eventually was restored, but this is just speculation of course. Airbnb customer support was useless, as expected.

Yes, I contacted them and after couple of emails they finally forwarded my issue to technical support team however havent received the answer yet. And the problem is that this link that I have added in my messfages to customers became a text instead of hyperlink in airbnb app. If I log in via browser then link is presented like a hyperlink and works fine. This might be related with app upgrade I guess. Not sure what customers are seing if they use app. Hopefully this will be sorted somehow and customers will not complain about it.. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Day 5 of missing key icon 😞

I now manually put in the information. However under the gun I can be dyslexic, error prone and just confused. I hate the thought of people standing outside in the rain because I gave them the wrong code...

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Paul154 ,

Can you confirm it's still missing? Just pinging the tech team.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines