Check in guide

Richard561
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Check in guide

Hi, I've just noticed the check in guide feature which looks handy. I'd just like to work out if this is automatically sent to all confirmed guests or can I select which guests I send it to?

Thanks

41 Replies 41
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Richard561. It's sent to all.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Beate27
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

Hey there, I am wondering if anybody found out how I can edit an already set-up check-in-guide because I want to put in one more information but I cant find any way to edit it...

I’ve only been able to figure out how to do it from my mobile app. As far as I can tell you cannot do it from a desktop. You have to click on your listing and scroll down to guest resources. There you will see check in instructions. You can click on that and add pictures and comments for those pictures. And then you can also re-order them if you like. I hope that helps.

Diego54
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

hi do you know how can i change it or add more information 

Thank you Callie! 

Brooks11
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thank you Callie, this really help. I was tried to find figure it whole day but couldn't resolve.

Thanks 

Thanks for the tip that it can only be changed via mobile app. I was going crazy looking for it on the desktop. Four years later and it's still the same. Weird.

Callie is correct. The only way you can edit it, is on the mobile app. It's really frustrating Airbnb - FIX THAT. 

also must fix the way that pictures inserted. I upload a pic with map directions and airbnb's tool crop it automatically. Please inform us about the dimensions that pictures should be

Agreed!  Airbnb would be really helpful to have it on desktop.  Also to be able to send pictures through desktop like in mobile.  Thank you! 

Four years later, and it's still the same.

Hi Beate,

Maybe this response is late for you bc you posted the question on January but I will try to answer it below.

On your Mobile Airbnb App,

1-Click on the SWITCH TO HOSTING section to be sure you are not in the traveling section.

2- Click on LISTINGS (House Icon on the bottom of the page).

3-Select the listing you want to add the check-in instructions

4-Once you open, there are 2 tabs, one that says Listing and the other says Booking Settings. Scroll down in the LISTING tab up to GUEST RESOURCES.

5- Click on CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS

6- There are like 3 small dots on the right upper corner of the screen. Click on the 3 dots.

7- A pop-up window will open with the following options: 

- Edit check-in method

-Unpublish

-Reorder steps

-Delete steps

-See sample guide

8- If you click on edit check-in method it will open the pictures (steps) and you can click the “pencil icon” on the top right corner of the picture.

9- Once you click the pencil a pop-up window will open with the following options:

-Edit photo

-Edit note

-Choose from photo library

-Take a photo

-Delete this step

10- Click on the “PREVIEW” icon to see how the guest will see your instructions.

I tried to be as detailed as possible above so you can edit your check-in process. I found this feature extremelly helpful for hosts specially when you have a lockbox. Try it and let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps 😉

Thanks! 

Dennis

Hi Dennis, I do following your instruction but I didn't fine any 3 dot in Check-in instructions. I want to edit the picture in step i ve created. How can i do? Thank you in advance.

Wasina