Check-in instructions

Nat32
Level 1
Forest Park, IL

Check-in instructions

I filled out the new check-in instructions section on our listing, which is detailed and complete with photographs. The website says that these will be sent to confirmed guests, but I'm not seeing how/if that happens. Does anyone know how that works? Basically I want to know if I should be sending directions for the key box to every guest like I have been or if that is now happenign automatically (which would be great!). Thanks,
Nat

36 Replies 36
Chase39
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Just tried to access mine to make a change...the system currently does not work. it won't let me make any changes. Just keeps saying that I'm all done. When I click "Make Changes" kicks me back out to "you're all done"

Clayton68
Level 2
New Braunfels, TX

@Chase39 - Just wondering if you might have a third party management tool connected? I am having the same problem and I cant get AirBNB support to figure it out. I use YourPorter.com and wondering if this could cause the problem

@Clayton68 must be an airbnb issue. I don't have any third party tools connected to my account. Please update if you find anything out. I hope they fix it soon. 

Jani1088
Level 1
Chelan, WA

I found that you can add Check-In instructions in the mobile app only.

1. Using the AirBnB app on your phone, open your listing
  2. Scroll down to Check-in Instructions under Guest Resources
  3. Then you can add photo instructions with notes in the order that you want to add them.

Since I'm not sure at all when guests receive these instructions, I always message them to guests directly with a custom hyperlink.

To Create a Custom Hyperlink - 

1. Find your listing # by visiting your listing, and checking the URL at the top. (my listing number is 8 digits long)
  2. Then copy the URL below, and change the digits at the end to your listing number 
    1. https://www.airbnb.com/reservation/check-in-guide/12345678

I created a Saved Response in my messages where I can send this custom link to guests. 

1. Open your Inbox
  2. Click on the person you want to send a message to
  3. Click on the icon on the bottom that looks like a note (i.e. Saved Response)
  4. Click the text that says Create New Saved Response
  5. Add a Title for your response (I saved mine as Check In Instructions) 
  6. Click the Write Response text
  7. Then write in the response you want to send with your instructions. If you want to share your Photo Instructions, enter the custom link you created in here.

FYI - I noticed that when you send this link to someone, they can't see the check in instructions without logging in to their AirBnB account. If they do not have a reservation with that listing number they cannot see those check in instructions. 

@Jani1088  wow I think you solved my problem! Very slick technique to ensure guests get those vital checkin instructions. Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Awesome!! This is a great workaround for something Airbnb seems to be oblivious to... thank you!