Check-in instructions

Nat32
Level 1
Forest Park, IL

Check-in instructions

I filled out the new check-in instructions section on our listing, which is detailed and complete with photographs. The website says that these will be sent to confirmed guests, but I'm not seeing how/if that happens. Does anyone know how that works? Basically I want to know if I should be sending directions for the key box to every guest like I have been or if that is now happenign automatically (which would be great!). Thanks,
Nat

36 Replies 36
Roman-and-AV0
Level 3
Seattle, WA

@Airbnb4 can you please make sure your user interface matches as closely as possible with computer and mobile? I found that it's quite annoying that you can't change "Check-in instructions" with photos and descriptions on the computer.... Please fix! 

Yes, I agree!! 

I also agree - it's frustraiting to go to the time and effort to give plenty of information via photos for the check-in process - only to find out someone has made a booking on the website and doesn't use the app, so doesn't get that information.

yes! I agree too!

Edward192
Level 1
Waikuku Beach, New Zealand

@Airbnb Fix the check-in instructions! Why is this critical bug not getting any attention? I cannot find or editu check-in instructions on desktop and have no idea if or when they have been sent to the guest. Basic stuff - having trouble finding good developers?

Scott-and-Jill0
Level 2
Oak Ridge, TN

As a workaround since it is not sent automatically, I added a "saved responses" response in the app that says,

"To view the check-in instructions, go to your confirmation email from Airbnb, click on "view full itinerary," then click on the listing, then click "view check-in instructions." Full instructions with pictures are provided. At least, they should be. Call, text, or email if anything is missing or unclear. Looking forward your visit!" 

But then I noticed in the conversation window (of the app) there's a little icon of a key at the bottom. Turns out that if you click on it, it provides a direct internet link to your check-in instructions. Who knew? Apparently not us, the customers...

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Really, why does Airbnb have to make this so complicated? I assume this tool is supposed to make it easier, not harder, for both guests and hosts?

Firstly, why can we only set this up from the App, when it is much easier to do ths kind of thing from the computer? I did it once when I got a notification on my phone. I filled it in, added the photos etc. but have no link to it, so don't know what it looks like to guests or if it applies to one of my listings or all three.

I have found that some guests receive it and think it is useful, but the majority say they never saw it, so I stopped relying on it ages ago and just send each guest a (saved) message with directions.

Airbnb, please fix this tool so that it is actually useful!

Patrick1282
Level 2
Cavendish, VT

Apparently the option to add photos to the check in instructions has been removed.  There doesn't appear to be a way to add photos with either my iPhone or my PC.  I really need this feature!

Brice51
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

I am having problems uploading photos to the check in instructions. Every time is say it is uploading and the upload is complete the photo doesn't show up it just show a Blank page. Is anyone having problems with this? I went to the website and there is no options to add photos.Screenshot_20190619-110553_Airbnb.jpg

@Brice51 wrote:

I am having problems uploading photos to the check in instructions. Every time is say it is uploading and the upload is complete the photo doesn't show up it just show a Blank page. Is anyone having problems with this? I went to the website and there is no options to add photos.Screenshot_20190619-110553_Airbnb.jpg

I’m experiencing the same issue with the blank space where the photos should be for each step in the check-in instructions. AirBnb is not displaying any photo I upload from my camera roll, or taken directly from the camera. Very frustrating. 

Ozlam0
Level 2
Baku, Azerbaijan

Hello All.

Exactly the same problem. I am having white pictures instead of uploaded photos for check-in instructions....Also there is no option to upload photos from laptop or PC...

Would love to have this feature fixed....especially during summer time when we are on a vacation..not around that often..

David3830
Level 2
Dayton, OH

Guests had been finding my checkin instructions just fine up until last week. Now- apparently- gone. New way of posting them. Wish AirBnB had told me first.

Rodrigo558
Level 1
México D.F., MX

Hello Airbnb family,

I had the same issue of not being able to modify the check-in instructions after I set them on my phone (this feature doesn't appear on the computer). But I have found the solution! You need to go to your listing on your phone and in the guest resources area, you will find the check-in instructions sections where you are able to put pictures and modify them.

Have a nice weekend!

Chase39
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

@Airbnb - I just spent 15-20 minutes with a detailed response. Got an error message from airbnb, didn't recored my response and told me to contact my system administrator. I'm at home, so I guess that's me? Typing this to see if it will even save this...

Chase39
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Update to the post: 

1. check-in instructions still only available through the app

2. picture uploads work fine now

@Airbnb - please make it easier to alert guests or send them a link. The instructions are so helpful in some situations. I found out they existed for a place I booked a while back, after lots of confusion, anxiety, and going through a lot of hassle. Had I know they existed, I would have checked-in flawlessly with no troubles. Why didn't I get an alert from the app 3 days ahead of time? That's the only thing that makes sense to do.