Check out instructions

Morgan99
Level 1
Kanab, UT

Check out instructions

I love the detailed check in instructions, but for checkout it's just selecting a time.  I put my checkout instructions on additional rules, but I think it would be nice if we could put detailed instructions through the site.

15 Replies 15
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I agree - This is a great idea, kind of a 'no-brainer'. Crossing fingers Airbnb adds this option for hosts.

Meli2
Level 3
Paris, France

I agree I wish they would add a place for Check out instructions, something that it will pop out the day that they have to check out in that morning, so they know in advance what is expected of them.
Thanks a million!
Meli

Eva170
Level 5
Hollywood, FL

Thanks, I could not figure out where the check-out instructions go. There really should be a place for them, just like check-in.

Melanie466
Level 1
Mammoth Lakes, CA

Please add a check-out option!  I have guests asking all the time for checkout instructions and it would be much easier to have it included. Thank you!

Chris1631
Level 2
Three Rivers, CA

Have there been any updates on Check Out Requests?   I have guests often ask if there's anything specific they need to do prior to departure.  I hope they add this option soon.

Joel-And-Jenny0
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

My place is close to the airport and i bet 85% of my guests leave 2 hrs or more before checkout. If I could put it in the checkout instructions to message me when they've checked out i'd be able to do the turns with more flexibility. Please do this Airbnb!

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Morgan99  I put check out at 11:00am on this small chalk board that is on top of a dresser, however this guest used it to leave me a nice check out note:)

IMG_7018.JPG

Rubén

Ugh, yes, would love to be able to send checkout instructions automatically! 

What I would like is clear check outs where the guest checks out By clicking as checked out and it triggers as checked out and it launches a link on where they leave a review.  Also it would be more clear when and where I can leave the review for the guest.

Kim-And-John1
Level 2
Fredericksburg, VA

Do you as hosts require guests to strip linens and take out trash ? 

Mary3597
Level 1
Torrance, CA

Airbnb - are you listening? This is crazy not having a check out instructions option!! 

Brian1545
Level 1
Coeur d'Alene, ID

Yes - checkout instructions Airbnb! 

Jamiko0
Level 2
Birmingham, AL

I agree! Check-out instructions, please!

Nancy1249
Level 3
Nokomis, FL

I agree regarding posting check out instructions. I've just had the third guest in a row completely ignore my very reasonable check out list. Two of these guests also were poor communicators overall.

I wish AirBnB would be more vigilant about setting expectations among guests that they have to READ house rules and READ the check out instructions and follow them, and that these instructions might differ from property to property because these are PRIVATE HOMES. My cleaning people have a greater chance of missing things that could affect the next guest if the previous guest doesn't follow these instructions. There are a lot of posts in this thread, why is it we can't get an answer about this? Is there another place we can write with suggestions?