Check your listings! Non-shared rooms suddenly marked as shared.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Check your listings! Non-shared rooms suddenly marked as shared.

Check the "Rooms and Spaces" sections of your listings! There are new options for designating which rooms are shared and with whom. All of my listings' bedrooms and bathrooms were pre-ticked as "shared." No idea when that happened but it seems it could explain a slow-down in bookings...

There are also new options to associate photos with specific rooms.

Thanks for another smooth and well-documented feature roll-out, Airbnb!  😞 

62 Replies 62
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Also, beds in non-bedrooms have vanished from the listings.

Thank you for posting! I would not have known about this if you did not. I have the same problem with my listings. What I do not understand is where these changes reflect. I have tagged the pictures as prompted but when I preview the listing, it looks the same

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Lisa723  I just saw this in one of my FB groups and sure enough, all rooms defaulted to shared. OMG! What a mess!

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

It is really, really bad. Beds have disappeared. Cancelation policy changed. Max no of guest incorrect. Check in time amended. I am frantically trying to rewrite and repopulate as we speak.

The oddest thing? My "other" listing that I only activate once a year was basically untouched. Random munging of data makes me more nervous than universal. ::shudder::

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Susan151 @Suzanne302 and... apparently I no longer offer hot water or bed linens. Argh!

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Lisa723 

There are also new options to associate photos with specific rooms.

That seems like an alignment with 'Plus'.

No change in my listings here in UK..... Could they be rolling it out in USA first??

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

....spoke too soon! New gizmo has appeared on 'edit' page & I've ticked/unticked the necessary ... (All my areas were 'shared' anyway, strange to have to 'untick' "shared" bedroom tho'!)

- Strangely, when I preview my listing, it looks no different (how I missed the changes on 1st view) - So how do guests get to see the new info? (Which was always there, in the small print, if they read everything.)

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Helen350 

It's rolled out here in Auckland, New Zealand to, came a Hot Friday & is very shortsighted.

I can understand having a tick the box for shared bedrooms but other rooms are  not really necessary.

Someone somewhere must have done a survey somewhere & took it as benefical to all without us been consulted

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

My listings were all screwed up too! All spaces were listing as shared. Thanks for the heads up, @Lisa723 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Yikes!! Why?? Thank you Lisa! Just once I wish change=improvement, just once, ( If I wasn't bummed by my beloved Warriors season end and mooching around here I wouldn't have even known)

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Lisa723  Thanks for the heads up!

This might explain why I'm being asked about sharing a bathroom. 

What about the hundreds of hosts that never look here?  They have no clue that their listings just got screwed up! When you consider how many hosts rely on this for their livelihood is almost criminal to change things like this without warning!

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Lisa723 

Every Airbnb-related group and forum on the internet has been ablaze with hosts posting about how their listings have been affected. This is not a "glitch" - this is a screw-up of epic proportions. 

@Beth80 

Not just hundreds, but hundreds of thousands of hosts, won't have the faintest idea that their listings may be completely corrupted. Judging by the sheer scale of the reports flooding numerous social media channels tonight from affected hosts, the glitch is sitewide, and global. Airbnb has an obligation and duty of care to its host base, to send a blanket email out to every host, without delay, warning them of the serious malfunction, and advising them to check their settings immediately.