Check your listings! Non-shared rooms suddenly marked as shared.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Check your listings! Non-shared rooms suddenly marked as shared.

Check the "Rooms and Spaces" sections of your listings! There are new options for designating which rooms are shared and with whom. All of my listings' bedrooms and bathrooms were pre-ticked as "shared." No idea when that happened but it seems it could explain a slow-down in bookings...

There are also new options to associate photos with specific rooms.

Thanks for another smooth and well-documented feature roll-out, Airbnb!  😞 

62 Replies 62
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Airbnb 

Can we have an official statement from the company asap please, regarding what's going on, and what Airbnb intends to do about it? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

It seems the  incompetent CS reps are now employed in the IT department ?

I've just checked my listing & the same thing has occured with the shared spaces! Seems like a very badly done roll out/update.

@Lizzie any idea if this bug will be fixed?

Monika64
Level 10
New York, NY

@Susan151 

@Lisa723 

Seriously guys, how on Earth are we not getting notified about these changes ... STILL? And don’t say host news letter because I’m not getting those either, doesn’t matter how I have the right settings! 

Why can’t Airbnb just send out 1 simple email to give us a heads up????

So if I’m not regularly checking all the complains here on the forum I might miss these big problems?!?!?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa723  Thank you!  But I don't get it- when I go to "preview listing", it looked the same as it always did. It was only when I clicked on edit that this new stuff appeared. Where are these shared spaces vs. private shown to the guest? Because after I made sure to check them correctly, they still didn't show up anywhere on the Preview.

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Same here @Sarah977

is this something that’s about to be implemented as I filled all this information in months ago when prompts came up when I was editing my listing. But they do not display when I preview my listing? 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

YES @Sarah977 - Same here, only discovered via 'edit' page;  I've  done the necessary editing but in the preview the listing appears no different.

@Sarah977  Hey, you have to go to your edit listing and that will put you were you can check everything....all my stuff was also defaulted to shared....I think they added new coding that didn't like the old stuff and defaulted everyone, or many folks. Its indeed weird. I have found that we have to open edit and check every part that we set up....cause some stuff got switched/changed. And theres these weird little section to pick the photo for the area....and then saved and all seems good.

I have alerted the Pensacola Host Club group and many also have found the glitch. 

@Clara116  Yes, I did that. My confusion is around where these specific "shared spaces" appear to the guest on the listing. Because they can't be seen when looking at the listing preview, which is supposedly what the guest sees.

@Sarah977  I'm not sure about that either; however after I corrected my listings an icognito view shows:

Entire place
You’ll have the space to yourself and will only share it with those you’re traveling with.

@Lisa723 @Sarah977

-----------This is how it's shown by default:-----------

shared-yes.png

-----------------..... and this is when you uncheck it ---------------------------

shared-no.png

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Thanks for the graphic. Yes, I found it yesterday under amenities, but mine wasn't so clearly wrong until I clicked on "Show all xx amenities", because I have a private room listing. So it still showed private room, private bathroom, 1 bed, 1 guest at the top under my listing heading, and there isn't anything to to click or edit under "Rooms and spaces" on my listing, I don't even see that at all, only the text I had written.

It's all really confusing.

BTW, I sent this thread link to Laura, the new host rep who is supposedly "listening" and working (?) on our behalf. I had a phone conversation with her 6 months ago where we discussed, among other things, the fact that things are changed on our listings without any notice and she agreed that that wasn't acceptable. Yet it's still business as usual.

@Sarah977 

it's because you can host just 1 guest at the time and have just  1 twin bed.

For example, we have 2 twin beds in one room and 1 double bed in another room and they were marked as "share bedrooms" with a note: " shared by me, other guests or someone else"

I suppose Airbnb is trying to adjust the platform for hostels because, as it is now, hostels should create 1 listing for each bed + all possible combinations for groups of 1 + guests, immagine 😄

But I don't understand why they have set "shared" option as a default

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Well, they had the bathroom listed under Amenities as shared, when in fact my guests have a private bathroom and it still said private bathroom at the top of my listing. And they had the kitchen checked as shared with me, other guests, or someone else, when I'm the only other person here. This is so screwed up. If it was meant to accommodate hostels, they should have just sent this to those with hostel listings.

@Sarah977

why oh why? 😄

My bathroom and kitchen were not marked as "shared" .... maybe because it's the "entire apartment" .