Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Checking your dashboard!

Photo

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are having a great week.

Earlier in the week, I had a read over the latest Host Newsletter. For those of you who haven't seen May's edition, take a look at the Newsletter Board here in the Community Center. (I recommend with a nice cup of tea) 🙂

With this in mind, I wanted to open up a discussion around one of the main highlights shared this month, which is on the update to the Host Dashboard. I know this is such an important area to many of you as it regularly comes up in discussions here, so I thought it would be an interesting talking point for us all.

How do you use your dashboard, are you someone who checks your page views every day or every week for instance? Are there particular areas you find useful or perhaps you think there is still some additional information you would like to see here. How are you finding the updates?

It would be great to hear your thoughts. 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

28 Replies 28
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

I check my dashboard nearly daily.  I looked at the changes - have they been out a while in some areas?  The "changes" look exactly like my dashboard has been the whole time.  I still consider myself new to the system (listed in early March, first guests by mid March), although I have hosted several vistitors at this point.  So if the new dashboard was on the East coast (of No. America) by March, that would explain it.

Jeff129
Level 4
Sunnyvale, CA

Hi all,

Fo my two-cents worth, I prefer to be presented with the dashboard as soon as I'm authernicated (i.e. logged in), and I'd like for all of my calendars to be presented horizontally at the top, as read-only (so that I may quickly discern who is coming and going from each listing), linking with a click to their full editable versions, and feel that this will be a vast improvement over looking at the guest activity presented below the notifications wherein I need to calculate the days in my mind because they are not presented visually. On another note, offering guest-notifications with their relevant links as you already do is super useful for me as well. On yet another note, I find that page load-times are quite slow, and increasing client-side performance will vastly improve my experience.

I would like to double down on that comment.  Why can I not access my hosting dashboard directly?  It doesn't make any sense.  I have to click on messages, click on the 0 messages I have, click over on the "host" messages, click on a conversation that I had with a previous tenant, and then click on the listing they stayed at just to get to the hosting dashboard.  Its crazy.

I agree with all of the messqges regarding Dshboard, It is so confusing to get into Dshboard

I think it should left like it was,

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

I generally check my dashboard several times a week. I do not find the changes especially helpful. I also don't like change for the sake of change. It just seems as though the information was shuffled, like the local grocery store does to force you to visit more of the store to find the same stuff. I'm not sure what the problem was they were trying to address, but whatever. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Aogán0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

I'm new to hosting, so can't comment on the changes, but I check my dashboard every single day.

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

I also check my Dashboard and Stats several times a week.  I very much like the booking rate feature and think more can be done with that.  I am always tweaking my listing, based upon both Guests' feedback and great info I get here.  I'm wondering if Airbnb could create an algorithm that links the "Booking Percentage/Rate" with when your listing has been updated, or not even that.  Just list the last 3 times a Host updates their listing.  THat would also serve as a reminder that a Host hasn't worked on their listing for a while, or a Host could see for themself if changes in the booking rate might be influenced by updates in their listing.  Just a thought.  I must strongly agree with another Host here, and I said this exact thing myself a few weeks ago -- Airbnb needs to stop making changes just for changes' sake.  I hate that I can no longer "Preview" my listing and instantly see how many people have "Saved" our listing.  That was a real motivator, and I loved seeing that number grow.  Was that a hard number to maintain?  Don't answer that.  I know the answer.  That's my biggest complaint--that Airbnb is not improving its site or the Hosts Listings' sites, but just changing for changes sake.  I'm seeing stupid changes that are not improving the site, but seem to be changed by people who are employees, not Hosts, and have no idea what they are doing because they don't know anything about this job.  Maybe Airbnb should hire Hosts to help vet the value of all these potentially really dumb changes. One quick example:  What value is there in having a person's first initial as an icon?  Really?  There are only 26 letters of the alphabet!!  How do you quickly identify who you're communicating with?  This is such a tremendously useless and stupid change that has no benefit; probably made by some new employee who wanted to impress someone.  This absolutely does nothing to prevent people from discriminating against diversity; it only makes our jobs as Hosts harder.  Thanks for asking Lizzie!  You're the Best!  Lois

Thank you @Lois-and-Darryl0 for mentioning the disappearance of how many has saved our listings. I miss it too! Had to save my own listings as favourites in a wish list to get to see it. Should not be necessary...

Mariann 🙂

Spencer-and-Esther0
Level 2
California, United States

It seems the dashboard icon (verticle pull down) is now gone on the upper right of the website and new title upper left of hosting has appeared. Only when we dive into another category (not where we want to go) does the dashboard (horizontal bar) appear. If I click on anything else, I can not find a link or get back to dashboard. The dashboard is where we go to deal with reviews, $$, etc.

Why did the site lose this feature? We are tech savvy and have been hosts since 2011, this change or less functionality is not making it better. Hopefully someone will get back to us and enlighten us to the change.

Clive-and-Helen0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

If somebody could tell me how to find the dashboard that would be really helpful. I find it occasionally but it doesn’t exactly like to found. For a start is it in the app or on the browser or both?

Patrice91
Level 2
Eustis, FL

I haven't read everyone's post but all of a sudden this evening I'm lost and can't find anything

Sarah1274
Level 1
Oakland, CA

I would also like to open up to "hosting" when I log in. 

It seems very cumbersome to find my bookings as it is now. 

Sarah

Nicola382
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

I also struggle to get to hosting site, no problem getting to the guest site, but our property does not come up there

Barbara1297
Level 1
Potomac, MD

Hello - This may be off topic but I don't know what else to do. I'm very frustrated. I am an intermittent host with very good experiences with guests but some months ago, something happened and your technology stopped allowing me to respond to any of yours or guests' mail to me - repeated calls to you and hours on the phone with staff, have not resolved the issue. When I explained that I can't answer your requests "Is everything okay now?" it leaves me bewildered as I'm unable to answer you online.  I've asked for phone calls back but calls don't come. I cleared cookies to no avail. And now I cannot even find my hosting page! I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I would like to host starting again in February but can't find how to even get to my hosting page.