Checkout time enforcement

Cadye0
Level 2
Fredericksburg, TX

Checkout time enforcement

We have our checkout time set at 11am. About 50% of our guests leave on time however the other half are leaving anywhere from 15 - 60 minutes after the set checkout time. Any ideas for how to ensure guests leave on time? Or penalty for checking out late? Is it possible to charge the guests extra should they leave late?

3 Replies 3
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

You can try sending a message the night before "Checkout is at 11am tomorrow - instructions are on the last page of the house manual in the lounge"...

I also have a note in my house rules that the space is theirs through the end of their paid stay & after that I reserved the right to host a naked twister party in the lounge. The threat of doughy middle-aged flesh seems to be enough to get them moving. (Really, I put the rule in to deal with squatters, but still applies to late checkouts)

So I've only had 2 guests overstay (w/o prior permission) - I just go in and start stripping beds & cleaning while chit-chatting about how fun it was to have them but that next guests are arriving in 3 hrs. They get the hint pretty quickly!

yeah they are not getting the hint - at all - just finished cleaning up the kitchen and they went into cook - 3 hours after the checkout time...really????  I want good reviews but this is really irritating and I do have guests coming - and they know that.

ok - will just have to ask them to go...

sigh

I had many other things to do today

I state quite clearly checkout time but find guests are constantly late, with one over 2 hours recently, hate having to knock requesting they leave!