Checkpoint - unable to cancel

Daisy-And-Eva0
Level 2
New York, NY

Checkpoint - unable to cancel

Why isn't Airbnb unable to cancel same day reservation on checkpoint?  

Two reps told me they can't contact them because it is not a confirmed reservation but it is blocking my calendar and I can't message that guest.  Previously i been able to call to get this removed as Airbnb can retract the reservations.   Maybe since it is past 5pm on the west coast and their offshore team doesn't have the ability to retract this type of reservation.

And the rep told me to avoid this I should just turn off same day reservation... 

Anyone else faced this issue before?

Yin

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Daisy-And-Eva0 

'Checkpoint" means the guest is in a Airbnb verification process, athough be able to submit a reservation request (Which request is not notified to the host, it is simple blocking dates on the calender). Such guest should not be able to sent a reservation request at all, i complained earlier aboutit too. Offcourse turning off "same day reservation" is not a solution, such "checkpoint" request can be made for any availble dates. it is more inconvenient if it happens on same day, as nobody else can book as long the checkpoint is there, wasting an opportunity to book for somebody else.

I  remember it was possibe to sent a message to the guest, asking to retract the request.

As the guest is not in INbox, i (think i) managed to do it from the multicalender.