Children giving up Confectionery due to Coronavirus - Funny story

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Children giving up Confectionery due to Coronavirus - Funny story

I offered and gave my neighbours children some leftover Candy Cane sticks from Christmas today when their parents were out of sight.

Several moments after  they came and asked, "Are they made in China?".

I said "Yes, is there a problem?"

They said "We don't eat lollies made in China because of Coronavirus".

Smart parents they have as they think now they can get Coronavirus from eating lollies....

It's one way to stop children eating lollies & getting tooth decay!!

I had a quiet chuckle to myself as I know those children eat too much junk food.

4 Replies 4
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Though sadly, @Helen427 , there will be those  that will believe it! 

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Someone on one of those call-in Q&As asked if Chinese merchandise delivered from one of those large online retail outlets was safe. 

One could always leave packages on the porch for 48 hours, just in case, but then the porch-pirates (package thieves)  might get them.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen427  If you are aware that the neighbor kids eat too much junk food, why are you giving them candy "when their parents are out of sight"?  It used to irritate me no end when people would give my kids candy without asking me. How would you like it if people fed your animals something that wasn't good for them when your back was turned?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

You can be reassured @Sarah977  that I very rarely, if ever give children lollies.

Their parents know they are ultimately responsible for their poor dietary habits and have told them they could get Coronavirus from Chinese made lollies.

It was a one off on my part to so much as offer one to each of them