Christmas dinner

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Christmas dinner

For 70+ years I have been able to handle Christmas day and what goes into it, but this year I have struggled a bit and was so glad when it was over.

Christmas lunch with my family. We started around 11.30 am, we are all bright and smiling, looking forward to what the day had in store......

IMG_1748.jpg

Lunch has a habit of dragging on till around 4.00 pm. Unfortunately both our daughters an kids were not able to be here but,it was nice to have most of my side of the family together, we all made the most of it.

But then we had to do it all over again, go down to town and have an evening Christmas dinner with Ade's family.

IMG20201225191126.jpg

IMG20201225192714.jpg

By this stage of the piece we are all starting look as though we are over it, the smiles have been replaced with looks of resignation and a steely desire to make it through to the end of the day. The kids loved it though, all the excitement of the present opening and being able to eat what ever they wanted.

It's come and gone, another one under the belt. I drove up that hill back to home almost afraid to take a deep breath.....I felt as full as a state school bus.

There was some guilt attached to this Christmas however with many thoughts for those around the world who are suffering restrictions  and have had to modify how they spend Christmas. I hope others have been able to carve out a bit of good Christmas cheer and have a lovely Christmas.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2021!

Cheers..........Rob

4 Replies 4
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

You have a wonderful family @Robin4 ,  its a blessing to have that time together that is worth the gold in fort Knox.   Take a breath now and carry on, stay well Rob, JR

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Enjoy the rest of 2020 @Robin4  and @Melodie-And-John0. May we all kick Covid19’s butt out of the stratosphere to make room for 2021! ☮️

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Amen to that @Cathie19 !  God bless us One and all!!!!!!   JR

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute, 

Happy Christmas @Robin4 

Thanks, 

Miloud