Chronological order of reviews

Cindy237
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

Chronological order of reviews

PLEASE AIRBNB put the reviews into chronological order.

it is extremely important that guests see the traffic moving through the listing.  If you have 10 international guests in a row, it shows up as if you had no booking for two months, because their reviews are pushed down to page 7, which is unsatisfactory visibility. 

Out of basic respect to the guest who wrote it, and the host who constantly tries to improve their listing, the most recent reviews HAVE to sit on the top of the pile!

thank you

43 Replies 43
Jill96
Level 5
Balgowlah, Australia

Hi Cindy,

This really annoys me too! If you get one so so review from someone, say from French guests 3 years ago.  All French prospective guests will get that review first! Even though you’ve redecorated, changed things, improved, added a room etc. 

If I go to a show or to a restaurant, I want last weekends reviews not reviews from 3 years ago, from people who live in my country! It also makes it look like you haven’t been booked for a long time and guests will wonder why. 

Its a very odd odd way to sort things. 

I hope they change it soon too!

Cindy237
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks Jill

There are a lot of threads on this....how can we get heard on this?

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

Hi Cindy

Obviously, AirBnB are not taking any notice.

Absolutely agree and the airbnb sorting policy is very frustrating and negates the all the effort we hosts put into getting good reviews not to mention the effort and goodwill on the part of guests in writing you a great review. Nearly all my guests this year have been international and none of these reviews can be easily seen - you have to go as far as page 4 or 5. Please change this quickly airbnb as it is not acceptable

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

Hi Mary-Ellen, I know that the international travellers who have stayed at my place want their reviews to be up front as some of them are also Airbnb hosts and it's a way that they can also get noticed. I also think that Super Hosts should have their badges displayed at all times; when they book and when they review. Do you know if there's some reason why this is not done?

Peter-And-Margriet0
Level 2
Brockville, Canada

Absolutely agree with these posts.  We are constantly making improvements to our listing and are getting better and better reviews (even though they have always been mostly 5 star).  Unfortunately, the feedback posts are NOT in chronicalogial order so a post from months ago might appear at the top.  I would think potential guests would want to see the "LATEST" information (feedback) at the top of the feedback comments, not a feedback comment from months ago.  Airbnb please change the policy of posting feedback comments at random!!  Post the lastest ones at the top!

Totally agree. I'm sick and tired of it too. Should definitely be in chronological order. Doesn't appear that AirBnB can hear us.

Heather433
Level 2
Arcadia, Canada

I reported this problem just now. The representative is going to send me a link to report the problem. Apparently we have to go through formal procedure to get this nonsense changed. It was explained to me that the intention was if a guest who speaks a language other than English (or are from a foreign country) reviews you it is plunked away down. The more local the reviewer the higher the priority.  This is infuriating. 90% of my guests are from the US (  I'm in Canada).... this has been going in at least since 2016!!! Fix it now!!!! I'm sure it's not that hard to recode. So hosts...report this formally...go through the channels. 

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

Here I am saying it again. English is the most spoken language in the world so there's absolutely no logical reason for Airbnb to change the chronological order of reviews. Listen up Airbnb, we are your tickets to wealth!!

Your reports will go nowhere, I have reported this problem formally many times but nothing. A lot of other hosts also. Seems that some decision maker thought this a good idea and refuses to change it eventhough every single airbnb user (both hosts and guests) hate it. I dont think it will ever be changed, they just dont care.

Ugh... Disappointing to hear that.... We are their bread and butter, yet they don't want to grant us something that can make our business better, and make them more money. Doesn't make sense. When I read reviews to anywhere, restaraunts etc, I want to see the latest reviews as they will be the most accurate reflection of real time.

Omri0
Level 4
Tel Aviv-Yafo, IL

Cindy, I absolutely agree with you!
Someone know if there is anything we can do about it ?

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Agreed! But, we've been banging on about this for ages, there've been multiple threads and I haven't seen a single host saying they like the current system - everyone seems to want the old system (simple chronological order) brought back! What can we do to get the message through?!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Patricia55  I posted this on another thread this morning regarding the review order. It appears random at first glance, but when I was checking I noticed the pattern it follows. They are chronological for each grouping.  It was marked as the correct answer. 

Upon futher investigation I found the reviews from US guests appear first, then your country (whatever it is), then all the others with the exception of those written in another lauguage being placed last.