Class action coronavirus

Francesco1268
Level 2
Florence, Italy

Class action coronavirus

Hi everybody. I am a host from Florence, here life is regular and everything proceeds with a normal pace. No matter how it is , but me and other hosts, are receiving several cancellations because of those “news”regarding corona virus.
Being honest is not so catastrophic , all over Italy, as all media constantly report everyday. Normally in all countries communities do class actions against media in case of fake news or distorted reality. Since airbnb community is huge all over the world : does someone have suggestions, or someone in Italy or other countries inside the community, is taking into consideration, to do some kind of action?

13 Replies 13

Yes- there are plenty of other people on outside sites so we are better off there. Airbnb is likely monitoring this site and removing all associated posts. Email me at **. Although you probably can’t even see my email address because this app hides it

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly. You can message each other privately instead. 

Email me at **

there are A LOT of people discussing this off Airbnb because they probably delete our posts anyway. I’m in the US and law firms love to take these cases because they end up on the news. Airbnb has been terrible and irresponsible to say the least

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly. You can message each other privately instead. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/861430217655400/

Here will be people uniting for Class action

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

It is so sad, @Francesco1268 and @Nancy1322  that the whole country is on lock down so I would imagine that criticism of Air BNB is moot at this time.  I hope all will be well with you and your family @Francesco1268 .  

@Linda108  Its not criticism. Its a cruel reality. Some people suffer and others take advantage of the bad news that unscrupulous and sensationalist media spread. There is many ways to deal with catastrophe and Airbnb has not done it right. And many of us are in places were still there is soooo many tourists coming in and out without  restriction. So, to judge Francesco and Nancy or me for wanting to fix this type of mistakes is just unfair. 

And maybe if we get a little more realistic. This virus has infected many people, yes, but killed that many as the Flu, Not quite sure. We will have to do our homework about it. My research was superficial but showed 47 to 67 deaths a day by Flu. and of  of course the Flu is not shown in the sensationalist news.  what is more advertised is what is sold. And the fear is one of the best arms used by governments thru history.. Something else to think about it....  

@Yamileth-And-Jimmy0

"And maybe if we get a little more realistic. This virus has infected many people, yes, but killed that many as the Flu, Not quite sure. We will have to do our homework about it. My research was superficial but showed 47 to 67 deaths a day by Flu. and of  of course the Flu is not shown in the sensationalist news.  what is more advertised is what is sold. And the fear is one of the best arms used by governments thru history.. Something else to think about it.... "

Seriously... How stupid is it possible to be??? 

@Sandra856 I am not here to get insulted or insult anyone, I am here to share my opinion and  if you disagree its fine, you are entitled to, its why we are in this country right? Besides I said, We need to do our homework..  and read history perhaps? Not just rely on newspapers and tv news which many times proof to be sensationalist... 

A little bit of respect would be nice..

@Yamileth-And-Jimmy0 @ millions of people are currently isolated in their homes, loosing jobs, companies going bankrupt. Everything is on stand by or closed down in big parts of the world. And you are talking about and comparing it to the flu? Do you understand why it sounds absolutely weird

"Not just rely on newspapers and tv news which many times proof to be sensationalist..." are you kidding??? Sorry but it is so utterly strange to read something like this in the situation many of us are facing right now. 

Rose123
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi guys, yep I'm noticing that there's a disproportionate number of likes here to comments and betting that comments are being deleted. Just found out that I'm being hung out to dry this morning, no host protection for them overriding the cancel policy. Feel free to DM me, @Francesco1268 thanks for raising this!

@Francesco1268  I believe that if you still feel that your city  and place are safe for guests and for you. That there is not much panic as other cities you could lower your prices and not get so much hit with the losses. You will be shown more on Airbnb site because they did not shut down the site  for hosting and travelers, knowing that this is a Pandemic... How odd is that?.. let other wise (10 Level host) answer that.

My idea is that  Its better to count our losses short than not getting anything.  Good luck!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Yamileth-And-Jimmy0 , level 10 doesn't mean wise, it just means we've been active in the forum for a while. 

Though I am reasonably wise!

Sam397
Level 10
Reno, NV

@Francesco1268 if I understood you correctly you want to sue the media because they are reporting that things are so bad in Italy that its made people think that it wasnt safe to travel there., which has caused people to cancel and caused you to lose money. And your saying that the amount of people that are infected and dying over there on a daily basis isnt as catastrophic as what the numbers suggest they are, and you will even go as far as to say that it is safe to travel there.

Well I got to tell you if your right you got a hell of a case because they have me convinced that its not safe to travel there, in fact I can say its the last place on earth i would want to be right now. I got to be honest with you though, if you actually believe that things are not bad over there you need to wake up or something. The number of infected and dead people your country has suffered in less than a month is catastrophic and things are very bad over there.

At least according to the media that is. 

@Sam397  i am home since 15 days ,my post was month ago, and many of us though was a bigger propaganda that it really is now . Me as all italians are home to fight this emergency , and we have been the 1st country in europe and in the world, after asian , to strictly respect the rules . Anyway hope all counties , will do the same very quickly . The situation changed since my first message , anyway you should have replied few month ago but may be you slept too much  . Now is useless cause the situation unfortunately changed . Anyway travels are better stopped all over the world . Italy is the only country i would like to stay now , since here they first try to save your life in hospital , no matter if you can pay or not . In many countries If i remember well , they first check your insurance , Then they try to safe your life , if you can pay . Anyway This situation is very serious , and hope all the world will to get ridd quickly of this kind of virus . 
take care guys and stay home !