Classifying my listing within a “category”

Classifying my listing within a “category”

Can someone please help me optimize for the new category search feature? We have a very high end unit with a chefs kitchen. It’s displayed in photographs, mentioned in descriptions and captions, and we get stellar feedback from our guests. When I go to view the new category “chef’s kitchen”, it does not come up. In fact, no listings in our city (Pittsburgh) come up. I would understand maybe if there were better more equipped “chefs kitchens” in my area.. but there are zero being advertised, and we have one! Can anyone help me get our place classified? We have another unit that is a tiny house. It’s not coming up under category “tiny house”.

I would love some guidance! 

49 Replies 49

@Michael5689 Thanks so much this is a super informative and helpful list. I am revamping my photos with it in mind but stopping short of adding pendant lights. Do you think the photos below are a closer representation? Still can’t see many appliances. Appreciate any feedback you got here! Thanks in advance 

0C78C489-7FFE-48D2-9132-6395A17AADBB.jpeg

91C53557-4435-492D-BEED-1FB9FE51080D.jpeg

Hard to say but if I had to guess take the picture from a spot in between where you took those two shots.  The algorithm might have trouble picking up the contrast since it’s pretty monochromatic. Maybe put a low centerpiece on the counter?

I do think the first one is better though.  Tough though because you can't see the other appliances in it...

Dorien-and-Papito0
Level 2
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama

We have two treehouses and none appear in the treehouse category... Other listings in the area that just have a cabin in between trees, not in a tree, do appear in Treehouses... Very confusing all of this.

Rikke-and-Michael0
Level 2
Málaga, Spain

Hi all,

I realized that the subheading of the listing (to be seen under the location name when clicking on the map or looking at the list of properties) is key to get into the categories.

Categorized listings have the name of a lake or a national park here. Then it sais "Near XXXX" under the location fo the listing. In the attached screendump it sais "Near Laguna Dulce", which is the name of a lake. It it is on the lake category!

BUT: Where does the subheading come from? 

I cannot find it anywhere in the listings or in the 'edit' part of my listing...

Any idea where this subheading comes from?

RikkeandMichael0_0-1679049676250.png

/Michael