Cleaning Costs in Toronto

Krystal16
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Cleaning Costs in Toronto

I am interested to know what most hosts are paying for their cleaning services, what those services include, and the size of their units.  I am opening a second Airbnb and my original cleaner can not take on the second unit.  I have looked for cleaners and am in shock as to the price.  Also, once you add on HST the amount the cleaner is getting paid is more than what I am earning as a host at times.  Of course I can increase my price for my cleaning fee, but the reality of that is that I then have to decrease my nightly price to be more competitive.  

I have a 3bdrm 1 bthm unit, standard kitchen, living room, bathroom, in addition to the basics I require my cleaners to wash towels and sheets and remake the beds, I do have an extra set of sheets for each bed so they can clean & make the beds as the laundry is washing/drying.  What I have found is in order to find someone dependable, (seems to be another issue as many cleaners say they understand airbnb cleaning but certainly dont because they say, oh I cant work Sundays, I cant do more than x hours, the last one I had here said she had been there long enough and needed to leave and left the home unfinished) you need to go with an agency or small group of cleaners and they all seem to charge around $130-140+HST.  I have done the cleanings myself when needed and find it takes me alone 2-3 hours maximum, which is $47 to $70 an hour.....

What do you pay?  What does it include?  What is the size of your unit?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  As well as suggestions on who I could use that would be a reasonable rate.

7 Replies 7
Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

I have backup cleaning help but for the most part due to the same reasons you are discussing try and manage it myself. I am sure it is more difficult in the bigger cities. Wishing you the best of luck finding that sweet spot!!

Christine Warrington
Johnny216
Level 1
Toronto, CA

I have found few individual operators can do $90 per session on Kijiji. Good luck !

Danielle476
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I use the service Olivia posted above - have been for about 2 years now.  I pay $55, taxes in (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom) and they spend 1-1.5 hours there each time.  Honestly they're amazing, you should give them a call.  They take before and after photos (in case of damage or theft, so I can make a claim) and do an inventory after each clean so I know what needs to be replenished or if anything is missing.

I have their AirBNB account linked to mine so they have access to my calendar and reservations...this saves me from contacting them directly and booking a cleaning with them every time a reservation comes through.  I've had zero issues in 2 years, and they've actually saved me a few times with quick turnovers and even some repairs in the past.

All the best!  

@Danielle476 could you please send me their contact info? I am looking for a reliable cleaning person as well! Thanks!

Tim739
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

@Danielle476 can you repost your cleaning service link? For some reason I can't see your earlier response. Thanks! 

@Tim739 I'll PM you their contact information.  🙂

Hi @Danielle476 , I know this is an old thread. Could you please forward me the info for this cleaner if they are still accepting new customers?

Thanks!