Cleaning Fee impacts Miminum Nightly Rate?

Stacy126
Level 2
Royal Palm Beach, FL

Cleaning Fee impacts Miminum Nightly Rate?

Hi, hosts!

TL;DR: Is there a minimum price or percentage difference that AirBNB requires between cleaning fees and nightly rates?

I list several properties on AirBNB, with two next-door to each other. Because of this, I sometimes rent them together to larger groups. I have cleaning fees for each of the properties, as it takes 5-6 hours to clean up and prep for the next guests (at least, to my standards).

I am attempting to update my rates for my slow season. When I attempt to set a new daily rate on my combination listing, I receive an error from AirBNB saying: "Based on your cleaning fee of $XXX, the minimum nightly price you can charge is $XXXX"

Has anyone encountered this error before? It does not happen on my single properties, even though the minimum difference between the minimum nightly rate is pretty similar to what I have on the combination property.

Any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

We have many combo units and luxury homes. We have had to adjust how the cleaning fee is distributed. We took the remainder of the cleaning fee and added it to "addtional fees". This way we are able to keep our rates as we want/need them to be.

@Karen-M1  It appears that you haven't actually hosted anyone on AirBNB yet in your 17 listings. "Additional fees" is not something that AirBNB will necessarily support, nor do I see any additional fees listed in your house rules.

What "additional fees" are you hoping that the guests will pay?

I have just added new listings to my account. I work for a company and we have multiple accounts with 200+ homes.

We worked with our account rep @ Airbnb for a work around.  When we wanted to discount last min stays, it wouldn't allow us to give the discount we wanted without reducing our cleaning fee. As you have noticed, we are unable to reduce the cleaning fee because we still have 2 homes or a large home to clean.  We reduced the cleaning fee and put the rest of the cleaning fee into "additonal fees" and marked it as a management fee. Does this make sense?