Cleaning Initiative and losing the "RARE FIND" Badge

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Cleaning Initiative and losing the "RARE FIND" Badge

So I signed up for the cleaning initiative, I block 2-3 days between guests, and now I've lost my "RARE FIND" badge. That's pretty dumb as far as I"m concerned, when my place is constantly booked, I just block off days for safe cleaning between guests. 

9 Replies 9
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

I don't think the Rare Find badge really means much. Its come and gone with my place. People are probably more impressed with the enhanced cleaning protocol than the fact that other guests book your space. I wouldn't worry so much about it. But I agree, silly to take that away when following that protocol is so much extra effort. 

@Laura2592  I signed up for the enhanced cleaning protocol and it says nothing about it on my listing when I search for it. They were supposed to add the enhance cleaning protocol badge as well (this is what I was initially told back in May).

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

There are hosts in my area who have two days booked in a given month and the listing has "Rare Find" so I'm not really sure what it means.

@Emilia42  Rare Find means that the listing is usually booked-so that's ridiculous if they put that badge on places that aren't regularly booked. There is really no reasonable rhyme or reason for a lot of things going on in Airbnb.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Maia29,

The enhanced cleaning badge is displayed on your listing page.

Debra300_0-1598566346405.png

Thanks! I guess I just had another one of my "airhead" moments! 

Not an airhead moment @Maia29 , I don't see the badge when I look at your listing. The usual Airbnb wonkiness (or should I say gaslighting?)

Idk how that’s works.    My neighbor has his house up and running  New listing.   with only 3 stars and has  rare find badge .I called Airbnb they sad it’s a generated icon.  

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A lot of hosts are reporting on the CC that their cleaning badge has disappeared. I never opted in, so I don't know, but perhaps Airbnb has decided to suddenly discontinue this initiative.