Cleaning Services - Houston

Cleaning Services - Houston

Hi all!

Does anyone have any experience with cleaning services in Houston?  As of now, my fiance and I are cleaning the listing ourselves. It accomodates up to 6, andtakes a lot of time especially for one night bookings.  However, from what we have been quoted so far ($100-120), it doesnt seem economical to hire a cleaning service. What should we do??

Bradley

68 Replies 68
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Hi @Bradley-and-Vanessa0

If you do want to reach other Houston Hosts, You might try posting this question in the current (old) Airbnb group for Houston area -- I think there is one, you can look on here:

https://www.airbnb.com/groups/global

I think actually though, you are likely to find that the jist of your question is not actually specific to Houston.  You are running into the same issue that many hosts have, which is that they need to be charging a high enough rate for their listing, that they can either pay a cleaning service to clean after the guest's stay, or feel adequately compensated for their own time spent cleaning.  
Just like you want to be compensated fairly for work you do, so do people who do housecleaning work, and cleaning services are not going to charge you less to clean a large house, just because your guests didn't stay very long.  ALl the same cleaning has to be done. For a cleaning company to charge only $100-120 for cleaning a house that accomodates 6, seems quite reasonable.   However, it usually costs less to hire an individual housecleaner (eg a self-employed person) as opposed to a cleaning company, so if you can find an individual working alone that may cost less.  But that person may not be available every time you have a guest leave -- in which case the larger cleaning company is better suited.  

I looked at your listing and saw that you are not even charging guests a cleaning fee.  I suggest adding a cleaning fee of anywhere from $40 to $100 per reservation.  THis will help pay for the cleaning that needs to be done.  As well, you may not want to take 1 day reservations, since you are right, that is a heck of a lot of work for a total of only $155 -- you dont' want your guests to be paying you only for cleaning, when you have other costs to cover, like mortgage and utilites, property tax, home insurance etc -- your rates need to be high enough to cover all of these things.  Consider having a 2 or 3 day minimum stay.  

Lastly, I noticed on your house rules you say "Please treat the home the same as you would like yours to be treated".  This is actually not a good house rule to have, because I am sure (for instance) that you would not like it if people who are slobs in their own home, and who damage their own furniture on a regular basis, treated your home the way they do theirs.  I suggest you be specific about how you want your home to be treated, rather than making an assumption that everyone treats their home the way you treat yours.  Clear communication is very helpful in setting expectations and avoiding problems with guests.  

Hi Bradley and Vanessa,

I am the owner of Queen Wiley Services and we provide detailed cleaning services for Airbnb clients here in Houston. I'd suggest a minimum stay of 2 days, charge a cleaning fee and include a deposit so that if anything is damaged you keep the deposit. We as cleaning services can not charge a smal fee ,as we have an overhead that applies such as wages, insurance, supplies, and paying taxes. Perhaps contacting a individual cleaner would help but I wouldn't recommend it because should something happen, they can't be held liable because they aren't bonded and insured. Should you need assistance, feel free to call us and we can place you on our schedule to provide detailed and thorough cleaning services for you.

**[Personal information hidden due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hello - I am a new host and we need a cleaning service in Pearland, TX. Can you email me for a quote? *

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Are you still looking for a cleaning service? Message me!

Hi Yesenia!

I am looking for a bonded and insured airbnb rental cleaner for Houston that can handle 2-4 cleanings per week. One rental now, 1-2 more rentals in the next month. Please contact me at 

**  and send me your info. The community page blocks numbers and emails. thank you!

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi, 

Im.looking for cleaning service in the Houston area for our airbnb, if you can contact me that would be great. 

Hi, I am Grace and I offer cleaning services in the Houston area. Please contact me on *sensitive information hidden* for your next cleaning job. Thanks

Hi grace can you contact me at dignityinvestors@gmail.com. I'm in need of your services.

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Mila1
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hi Bradley,

I agree with some of the points Deborah made, you should try having a minimum night stay of 2-4 nights and give the guest some parts of the cleaning fee. I have a cleaning business for Airbnb homes in Houston and the prices were cheaper and I would clean based on individual rooms if thats what my clients requested, but the cleanliness of an Airbnb home is critical so it does take a long time, therefore a bit more money. So $100-$120 seems about right depending on how big the home is. 

Mila 

[link removed]

Mila, I also own a cleaing company in Houston. I am trying to reach more AirBnb properties. How do you reach out to clients? My emails is *

@Bradley-and-Vanessa0 Have you found a cleaing service that you are happy with? We convert a lot of clients to our new service!

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Tairajae0
Level 1
Houston, TX

HI Bradley,

My best friend and I have a concierge/cleaning service and we help manage 2 Airbnb's in East Houston. We charge less for those cleanings as they are typically 2 or more times a week. Feel free to give us a call if you are still looking to hire some help.

Taira

[link removed]

Hello, if you still provide cleaning services for air bnb can you please send me an email. We are trying to find a reasonably priced service provider for our unit currently. ****  thanks!

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Have you found a cleaning service? *