Cleaning fee not paid, and can't find where to change cancellation policy

Jessie4
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Cleaning fee not paid, and can't find where to change cancellation policy

Hello! I am a host, and having a couple of problems with my new listing:

1) I temporarily changed my cleaning fee to £0 (because my friend was booking my apartment and I didn't want to charge him that extra money) then as soon as he booked I changed the cleaning fee back to what it was before. However, about an hour later I got a booking from a new person, and airbnb didn't add the cleaning fee on! Now they have paid fully, but they have not been charged the cleaning fee. How do I resolve this?

2) I cannot find where to change the cancellation policy from flexible to moderate. It says to go to 'Terms' but I can't find that anywhere!

Please help! 

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Jessie4,

1) You could try contacting Airbnb but they will probably tell you it was a pricing error on your part since you changed it to 0 and then back.

2) You can check out this Help Guide: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Changing-Cancellation-Policies-and-Check-In-Check-Ou...

I am stuck in the old system still so if you have the new one with the "Check-in" tab, you will find it there.

New Check-in item

Thanks @Dede0 for the screen shot!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thank you for your help!

I contacted airbnb about the cleaning fee, and the reason it wasn't charged is because I offered the guests a small discount by Special Offer (as a thank you for being one of my first bookings). Apparently when you send a special offer, you have to set the entire amount - nightly fee plus cleaning fee. Lesson learned!

Yes, that's true about manually adding the cleaning fee to a special offer. A lesson that a lot of hosts have learned, I'm afraid.

Going back to the new "Check-in" page -- be careful about "experimenting" with the second field of the "Check-in wondow". Unless you really, really want to specify an end-time for checkins (I don't, for example), don't experimentally or accidentally select any of the offered times. According to one host, once you've done that, you can't get back to either an empty field or just the text that was originally there saying "Select a time". And that same host said that AirBnB couldn't/wouldn't make the change for her. I can't confirm that this really happens, because I don't want to test it and possibly mess up my own listing. (Which makes me want to set up a fake listing just for testing stuff like this, which happens all the time. I have a feeling that AirBnB might frown on that, however...)

If that field IS working that way, it's got to be an oversight by AirBnB and will presumably be fixed soon. Meanwhile, beware.