Co-Hosting with a local Superhost in Dominican Republic

Answered!
Alex8558
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Co-Hosting with a local Superhost in Dominican Republic

Has anyone in the USA or Canada had experience co-hosting an AirBnB in the Carribean, namely the North Shore of the Dominican Republic?

As a Superhost in Ottawa, Canada for the past 5 years or more, I'm very curious about the Sosua, Puerto Plata (whale watching), Luperon (sailing), Cabaret (kite-surfing) areas of the Dominican Republic (DR).  I am considering co-hosting just one modest AirBnB there, but I really would like to partner with a Superhost who is located in one of those DR towns.  Ideally this Superhost has been managing 2 or 3 AirBnBs the past few years or so, just as I have in Ottawa!   Are you that Superhost, who takes pride in a smooth arrival and stay of guests in a clean well-located AirBnB, and that suggests a few local fun activities and great local eateries?!  If you are, please contact me.

If you have any words of wisdom or of advice regarding alternate co-hosting or on-location property managers for the north shore towns of the Dominican Republic, please share!

It is great to be a Superhost and part of a larger welcoming worldwide AirBnB hosting community!

Many thanks, 

Alex, Superhost for TopDuplex and other AirBnBs in Ottawa
1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi everyone,

Adding new updates for the Hosts referring to this older thread: You can also find a Co-Host available for certain regions through the Airbnb platform as well.

To learn more about the service, please feel free to refer to our guide: How to Find and Become an Experienced Co-Host on Airbnb?

Thank you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm a little confused why would an established Superhost there who co-hosts in DR,  need the services of someone in another continent @Alex8558 .

Why would a host in DR want to use your services rather than directly employ a local co-host?

Hello @Helen3 in Bristol UK, I'm actually planning to head to this tourist-friendly Carribbean destination at the end of this -often 20F Canadian February... 

As I look to the future, and have enjoyed Kite-Surfing in Cuba, and have heard great things about Luperon being a Hurricane quiet zone for sailors (I happen to sail too...), I am looking to expand my AirBnB Hosting experience to the Dominican Republic's (DR) north shore area, but I would not be there most of the time...   at least not for the next few years... 

That said, I'd love to partner with an existing Superhost of that area, who already manages 2 or 3 AirBnBs on-location, and believes that they could handle hosting one more AirBnB that I would help finance, set-up, etc.  I'm considered doing something similar for others be they in the UK, USA, France or elsewhere who would like to invest in an Ottawa AirBnB....

Ideally this DR Superhost is located in one of 3 towns of northern DR,  potentially in the Luperon (sailing-mooring bay, have I said that already?!), Puerto Plata (for its culture, beaches and whaling), Sosua (for its beaches and nightlife) or Cabaret (for its Kite-Surfing).  Hope that clarifies things for you.

Are you interested in co-hosting something in DR?  ...in Ottawa or Montreal, Canada?  Essentially, I'm looking for a co-Superhost or Property manager in that northern area of DR.  Would you know any well-trusted ones, there?   Many thanks for your curiosity.   Alex in ski-ful Ottawa Canada, with an eye on beach-ful DR!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alex8558,

Welcome to the Community!

Since this is a global space, you might have a better chance of receiving advice from local Hosts if you search for groups in your area here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

I hope this helps 🙂  
Liv

Many thanks, Liv in London, UK!  

As we all look towards better living with all life forms, from the microscopic to the evolving (often fearful) mammalian ones..., I look forward to exploring a potential Co-Superhost partnership with just one well trusted and most positive Superhost in northern Dominican Republic (DR), ideally based in, either Luperon, Puerto Plata, Sosua or Cabaret, DR! 

Many thanks for the link!

I am exploring it and a particular Facebook group that seems better focused on my Caribbean (same time-zone and more southern) AirBnB co-hosting interests!

Alex, Superhost for a TopDuplex AirBnb and a couple others in Ottawa, Canada (with an eye on DR and Caribbean!)

I like this 

Ranier0
Level 2
Washington, DC

Yes I have 6 that I cohost and host in Dominican Republic 

Hello Ranier, 

Many thanks for your response and glad to see that you are a Superhost for properties in DR and Washington D.C. as I am in Ottawa Canada for 3 properties!

i am curious and eventually seeking a local Co-Host and Property Manager for a place that I will likely own within the year and in Sosua or Cabarete DR.

You seem to be located in Samtiago de Los Caballeros DR, is that correct? How do you host/co-host & manage places in Puerto Plata? …which is about 2 hours away?

Would you also be able to co-host a place in Sosua or Cabarete DR?

How could you manage that?  What would be your max number of places to co-host?

Would you know of a reputable Property Management company & prople in the Sosua or Cabarete area? (i.e. with fine local & international references)

As a University Professor and Marketing-Communications Consultant with an MBA and film studies, I am inquisitive and value due diligence! What would be your background?

Looking forward to exploring your co-hosting interests and DR. I’m actually going to be visiting/prospecting Sosua and Cabarete for about a week towards the end of this February!

…my second visit in about a year!

Best hosting & co-hosting regards

Alex for TopDuplex in Ottawa Canada

I am in Sosua and puerto plata 

Hey 

can you please cohost for me in Punta Cana dr

Hi Yolanda in NY, 

Alex with a TopDuplex AirBnB in Ottawa, Canada and others, but non yet in DR. Although I may have one in DR in a year or so!!  

That said, maybe someone else on this thread may be interested in your Co-Host quest...

Best of luck

Alex for TopDuplex in Ottawa Canada

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi everyone,

Adding new updates for the Hosts referring to this older thread: You can also find a Co-Host available for certain regions through the Airbnb platform as well.

To learn more about the service, please feel free to refer to our guide: How to Find and Become an Experienced Co-Host on Airbnb?

Thank you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines