Co-host anomaly

Shivali1
Level 2
Lenah Valley, Australia

Co-host anomaly

Hi All,

We have a propery in Hobart, Tasmania and have had our co-host inform us to stop co-hosting the property in 3 weeks time (as he has found a full time employment). He has done a reasonable job and we wanted to explore what are our options going forward.

Airbnb does not allow to find a  new co-host, while we already have an active cohost (we really cant take him off as that means he does not get access to booking details which he has promised to manage in next 3 weeks).

That leaves us in a precarious condition of not finding a new co-host and miss out on future bookings and earnings. Is there anyone facing similar issues? Interested to know the view of host community and how this can be tackled well.

Regards 

4 Replies 4
Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

I don't think that you can find co- hosts through airbnb anymore anyway

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you ask a local host group for recommendations on a replacement.

As @Noel63 mentioned for some reason Airbnb have stopped allowing us to recruit co-hosts through their platform so you will need to find someone yourself directly.

If you live remotely and can't get to your property for turn arounds, as a short term measure why not find a local cleaner and then do the hosting part yourselves until you have a replacement.

Shivali1
Level 2
Lenah Valley, Australia

Thanks folks, I did realise that they have recently turned this option off. Surprising as this is how I got my co host 2 months ago. Now basically I need to know the person and their email details before inviting them on. Seems mindless that Airbnb doesnt even provide a super host list of my area. Thanks for your replies though.

Regards

Elly22
Level 1
Rushcutters Bay, Australia

Hi Shivali,

Are you still looking for a Co-host? 

I’ve recently moved to Hobart (from Sydney) where I had been Co-hosting. 

I wear three hats; Interior Stylist, ECO Cleaner and Hostess. 👩🏼‍🎨🧖🏼‍♀️👩‍✈️

I’ve hung up my wings from being an international first class hostess with Emirates; now I’m land based my passion is creating memorable experiences for guests rave about. 

If you are still looking for a Co-host please message me some details and I can provide references. 

Kindest,

Elly