Co-host search in Scottsdale, AZ

Madison42
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Co-host search in Scottsdale, AZ

First time host here! We finally have our airbnb listing up and quickly got our first three bookings under that initial 20% promo. We're setting up our systems now and the last major piece missing for us is a dedicated co-host that will let us operate our airbnb business with some peace of mind while we're traveling or unavailable. The trouble is we're having trouble swallowing a 20-25% commission for a role that we feel is stripped down to something not that time consuming since so many duties are handled by other parties. 20-25% is what we were quoted for several all-inclusive property management services in Scottsdale, and we're definitely not asking for that. Instead we're talking about offering someone a flat fee per turnover "checkup," plus a small commission for handling what we think will be not very much time communicating with guests.

Where do you go to find/advertise for cohost candidates? I realize the term co-host can mean a lot of different things. We're looking for someone who can double check our cleaning company's work after they're done, report any missed items to them, and then doing quality checks around the home that the cleaning company wouldn't do to make sure guests will have a consistent experience each time. That'd be setting up new keypad entry codes, changing eletronic lock batteries, etc. Then watching out for and handling any problems that come up, like turning off our sprinkler system and texting our landscaper if there's water gushing out in the backyard that needs fixed. (Got that one out of the way before anyone was staying there!) And of course, answering guest questions and checking in with them over the app. I'm thinking of it as a kind of a "glue" role where the work involved is highly important but should not actually be very time consuming for a competent person and an average guest stay. We plan on handling most of the backend work like marketing, social media, website, pricing, vetting guests and availability, etc. Take this all with a grain of salt since we haven't welcomed our first official guests yet, but we are highly ambitious planners!

We just put an ad on in deed today since it's free to list there. Where would you look for someone like this? Do you know anybody that might be interested? If you've done a similar search, what was your experience like finding this kind of person?

19 Replies 19
Cohost1
Level 3
Littleton, CO

@Madison42 - We have completed a few deals likes this here in Denver, and would gladly help with your situation. You can find out our information at cohost.com or give me a call @314.681 3391

Trey
Cohost.com
Director of Real Estate & Development
Realtor ® / Broker Associate
Ryan741
Level 2
Chandler, AZ

@Madison42 Hi Madison - I currently have 2 of my own vacation rentals in Phoenix.  I have been self-managing for about 5 years and am now branching out as a Cohost.  I am native to AZ and know the area very well.  I also work in the software business, so very good at using metric data to track market rates and increase occupancy.  If you are still in need of someone to manage your airbnb feel free to contact me.  Thanks - Ryan

All the Best,
Ryan Foster
Covitalize.com
Caitlin127
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

I would love the opportunity to be your co host. I can clean your home, take pictures and use social media platforms to get you more visitors. My background is hospitality management, social media marketing and admin and I have lived in Arizona my whole life. I'm felxiable and can communicate with your guests, I can clean and add personal touches to make is a great experience for guests and to make them want to return and tell their friends about your place. I know hot spots, nightlife, hikes, day trips and so much more. Please contact me of this is still available.  I have very reliable references that you can speak to that will tell you of you pick me you wont be disappointed. 

Thank you for reading and this and I look forward to hearing from you.

You can contact me by email or phone.

*sensitive information hidden*

Have a great week 

Hello, can you please tell me more about your service, and your service cost? I like to host when I traveling oversees, and if you are well experience then that be great and we should talk soon, my number is*sensitive information hidden*

thanks

Raj

Hi Caitlin,

I have an Air bnb & would love to have your help if you are still active in this area.

no1greenr at gee male.

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi Caitlin, Are you still available as a Co Host

I am in search of someone to take care of my AirBnB hosting and turning over the rooms, laundry, cleaning, etc. Can we discuss? Usman

Hello I can help with co hosting if you are still in need of assistance.

Do you still cohost?

Madison42
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Thank you to @Cohost1 , @Ryan741 and @Caitlin127 . I wanted to let everyone know I found our "person" and to answer my own question, how we did it.

We did post a job listing on Indeed, and we got one or two interesting candidates but in general, a lot of spam people who send their resume to everything and see what sticks. It could be useful to somebody but for us we didn't even call anyone that had a resume come in. Also most people seem to be looking for full time work, but we don't know that.

What I thought of after posting here was that there could be smaller, location-based communities on social media. I joined a couple of Arizona-specific Facebook groups and was surprised by how active they were. We found our co-host through one of these groups after we posted a similar "ad" on there, but if we didn't, we probably would have called one of you wonderful folks 🙂 Thank you for all the messages.

So by the way, I do recommend looking for online networks of hosts and related professionals in your area, I've learned a lot in a short amount of time by doing so.

Hi Madison,

I just purchased a house in Cave Creek near Stagecoach Village.

I currently live in Prescott but I'm an artist and spend a lot of time in the Cave Creek area at art shows, hence the house. Anyhow, I plan to renovate one of the artist studios into a vacation home. The property is awesome, 2 acres, pool and the one studio has a huge patio etc... I'm doing the renovating starting this March and plan to start renting in the Fall-ish. I got on here to explore how to host/or get a co host as I will not always be there due to the fact that I travel. Would you be willing to share your experience so far with me at some point? I will also look into social media groups...I had not thought of looking there specifically for hosting... BTW, I see your home has been well received and that is what I want. I hate to hand it over to a property manager entirely as I want the place to be personal.

Hi Sarah

I'd be interested in helping you out cohost if you haven't found someone to your liking. I have my own listing with I believe 15 or so rentals, a 4.92 rating on those, been living in Phoenix for 15 years and seeking to co-host and help out with more properties and do the behind the scenes work. Numbers get masked here it seems but I'll give it a shot. Four eight zero two one three eight zero seven four is mine. 

Hi Sarah,

I see you were looking for a property manager / host.

If you haven't found anyone I would love to talk to you.

I have 4 yrs experience & clean my property (which I'll be selling

soon) along side my cleaners as I like to know exactly whats going

on & have things taken care of immediately.

I can also be reached at *sensitive information hidden*

Thanks,

Sharon

Hello, are you still looking to Cohost?

Caitlin127
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Glad you found someone! What Facebook groups did you add yourself to? I would be interested in knowing where to place an add and get myself our there as a co host. I have only seen one post on Indeed for people looking for a co host. More seem to be larger companies looking to hire. I work for myself so that wont work. 🙂 Can I ask what price you agreed on as a flat rate? I have 2 options for where I can be a flat rate or a % depending on how much work the owner needs from me. I can do the whole works or just meet and greet and help guests with needs. 

Thank you!