Co-host search in Scottsdale, AZ

Madison42
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Co-host search in Scottsdale, AZ

First time host here! We finally have our airbnb listing up and quickly got our first three bookings under that initial 20% promo. We're setting up our systems now and the last major piece missing for us is a dedicated co-host that will let us operate our airbnb business with some peace of mind while we're traveling or unavailable. The trouble is we're having trouble swallowing a 20-25% commission for a role that we feel is stripped down to something not that time consuming since so many duties are handled by other parties. 20-25% is what we were quoted for several all-inclusive property management services in Scottsdale, and we're definitely not asking for that. Instead we're talking about offering someone a flat fee per turnover "checkup," plus a small commission for handling what we think will be not very much time communicating with guests.

Where do you go to find/advertise for cohost candidates? I realize the term co-host can mean a lot of different things. We're looking for someone who can double check our cleaning company's work after they're done, report any missed items to them, and then doing quality checks around the home that the cleaning company wouldn't do to make sure guests will have a consistent experience each time. That'd be setting up new keypad entry codes, changing eletronic lock batteries, etc. Then watching out for and handling any problems that come up, like turning off our sprinkler system and texting our landscaper if there's water gushing out in the backyard that needs fixed. (Got that one out of the way before anyone was staying there!) And of course, answering guest questions and checking in with them over the app. I'm thinking of it as a kind of a "glue" role where the work involved is highly important but should not actually be very time consuming for a competent person and an average guest stay. We plan on handling most of the backend work like marketing, social media, website, pricing, vetting guests and availability, etc. Take this all with a grain of salt since we haven't welcomed our first official guests yet, but we are highly ambitious planners!

We just put an ad on in deed today since it's free to list there. Where would you look for someone like this? Do you know anybody that might be interested? If you've done a similar search, what was your experience like finding this kind of person?

19 Replies 19

Caitlin, 

Just keep in mind Scottsdale is asking all STR owners to register their properties with contact information in emergency situations.   If the owner is not available, you may be the person they elect to add to the contact registration.   This means you might get called by the police for a party noise violation at 2:00 in the morning.  Make sure you address this with any property owners up front when you negotiation your engagement.  https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/codes/vacation-short-term-rentals

Just an FYI.  

I'll be more than happy to co host for you for a flat fee, I'm putting up a new airbnb listing here in the next couple weeks. If interested you can reach out to me at *sensitive information hidden*

Hi @Stephen959, are you still offering to co host? I'm looking for someone with a flat rate for my house as well.

Hello if you are still needing a co host, I would love to help. 

Mary-Morgan0
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Hi! I am interested in co-hosting if anyone is in need. I'm located in North Scottsdale, however, do not mind driving across town. Please feel free to reach out at **if you or anyone you know is in search of assistance. Thank you! 

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]