Co hosting and saved messages automation option

Co hosting and saved messages automation option

I co-host my parents property 

I have very specific save to messages in their account to assist them in responding to gas quickly 

Whilst my account is linked to theirs as a co-host, however their saved messages are not automatically bought cross into my account.

This means, for each saved message, I have to  

1 log into their account  

2 copy their saved messages into a Word document

3 Log out of their account 

4 Log into my account 

5 Copy the messages from the word document into my saved messages (individually)

We appeal to AirBnB to make this process automatic once you become a cohost 

9 Replies 9
Julie1076
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

I agree, co-hosts should have access to the regular hosts saved messages. Or there should be an easier way to transfer them.

Have you thought about using a service to automate your messages?  It won't help you in all cases but it would significantly reduce the number of messages you would need to send the guests on all your listings.  I find that if I send a check-in message 2 days before the guest arrives with all the typical questions (wifi, parking, key, etc.) I don't get as many questions and hardly use my saved messages anymore.  Maybe that would help you?

I think there are a few services out there that can automate your messaging and I'm sure they all do a fine job but I've been using [Link hidden as per the community guidelines] and have been very happy with the service and the price.

Jason579
Level 2
Lexington, KY

I think Airbnb needs to escalate this issue for a priority fix. My co-host definitely needs access to our saved messages. 

Andrew217
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

I feel like the messaging options in Airbnb are a mess. I decided to use a separate software called Smartbnb (https://smartbnb.io/messagingto automate most of my repeated messages. This allows me to spend more time answering individual messages and giving my guests an awesome experience. 🙂

Franz68
Level 2
San Diego, CA

AIRBNB, please allow co host to see the same inbox and quick replies as hosts.  This is ABSURD!!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

We do see the same inbox as hosts @Franz68 

We get the same messages, but not the same view.  I just added a co-host and she is having go  back to archive messages all the way back to 2010!!! That is absurd! And stared messages do not show as such. @Helen3 Does that work for you. I used to jus give my login to my co host and that worked seemlesly… decided to give this a try after many years. I thought the whole point is to have soneone help, but as far as managing the inbox it seem that it is double work. 

This is needed very much. My wife is attempting to co-host but does not have access to the Quick Replies or Scheduled Messages I've set up as the main host. This sort of defeats one of the main benefits of co-hosting.

Gerrit51
Level 1
Great Broughton, United Kingdom

Still no fix for this one. Copy and Paste the replies in a text file and email it to the co-host and then manually rebuild them seems the only feasible way here. The whole messaging system is a bit is a garbled mess, to be honest - I have built better messaging systems than this!