Co-hosting management companies in Melbourne

Adam615
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Co-hosting management companies in Melbourne

Hi there,

My partner and I are only new to Airbnb hosting, and we're looking to list our own place while away on a 2-3 month trip this year. We've already done one hosting ourselves over Christmas, but for our next hosting stint we need to find a co-hosting partner as we'll be on the other side of the world for an extended period of time. We're a bit worried about the options that are out there.

Hometime seem to have their "Professional Co-host" badge, but there seem to be a lot of negative reviews out there about their guest communication and cleanliness (the two things you're really paying them for!) - even the example links they supplied to properties they are hosting had negative guest reviews! In our correspondence with them, we challenged them on the poor reviews and asked for an explanation. They blamed scaling too quickly and being short-staffed: "I do believe it was more down to us being a 'typical' start-up and failing to recognize the instant impact adding 150 properties to our portfolio" were the words used.

We've also contacted Airsorted, who seem a little more affordable. But again, a quick look through some online reviews seems to reveal issues with their property management abilities too.

Are there any good options out there? Anyone using either of these two with any success? Our trip's coming up in less than a month and we're seriously looking at just taking the traditional subletting approach instead.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

7 Replies 7
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Adam615 

I would 100% urge you to find a local superhost co-host to you who already manages their own listing, has great reviews and so on, and see if they can take your apartment on for you whilst you're away.

They will know exactly what it takes to manage well, keep guests happy and trouble-shoot issues before they end up being put into guests reviews and tanking your ratings.

You really get what you pay for- it's tempting to pick a large management company with too good to be true fees, but you end up paying for this in the longer term in terms of negative reviews etc.

It makes more sense to pay more to someone who will get to know and care for your listing, visit regularly and knows how to look after your guests! 

Hopefully someone local will see your post and get in touch- you could also put out a post looking for a superhost co-host local to you.

Good luck!

Paul 🙂

Hi Adam,

I’m a superhost from Melbourne and use co hosting permanently now. I recommend using my co host from Richmond,  Marc & MJ.  They can either cover you temporarily or permanently and they a great.  

*sensitive information hidden*

Cheers

Rob

Marc636
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Hi Adam following on from Roberts recommendation it would be our pleasure to assist you with your co-hosting needs. Please get in touch with us on *sensitive information hidden*. We are happy to provide references.

Best regards

Marc & MJ

Hi  Mark, 

I'd love to have a chat about my listing and potentially having your help. I have just posted an ad myself. I'll email you on that address. 

Thank you

Emma

Hi Marc & MJ, 

I'm a long-term host with a number of properties on Airbnb (on and off) and will be travelling extensively this year. I'm relisting my house in Fitzroy (it has been unlisted for two years) and I'm looking for professional and reliable co-hosting services while I'm away.

The main task is of course to have a reliable cleaner who has initiative and is available for random cleans. Every other challenge pales into insignificance.

I would probably still do the guest management but all the required services are up for discussion. 

Do you still do co-hosting and would you be interested in discussing further?

Cheers, 

Matt 

Hi Marc, are you still co-hosting properties? I have a 3 bedroom home in the Ascot Vale/Travencore area that I need co-hosted whilst I am OS for 5 months.  Best Regards, Tom

Hi Adam! 

I'm a student at Trinity College and am currently looking to be someone's co-host. I don't have that much experience but I've been to a bunch of Airbnbs and know how the system works and what to do. 

Just let me know what you expect from me and I'll do it! 

By the way, I live in the CBD area and have quite a lot of time on my hands so I am free to check people in. 

Here's my contact information : *sensitive information hidden* 

Thanks, 

Felita