Co-hosting payouts in different currencies

Harry6
Level 2
Albury, Australia

Co-hosting payouts in different currencies

I'm not sure if anyone has had these same issues, I've been talking with Airbnb and as yet they've found no solution.

I am receiving my co-hosting payments (as shown on the earnings progress reports, and related CSV sheet.) in Euro and USD (when my main property, and location, is AUD).

This makes it very hard to align payments to the correct properties, as often 3 transations will be lumped together into one "paid out" amount, which will be in AUD, but the 2 or three constituents payments (in the "amount' column of the csv) will be in different currencies. 

This could possibly be avoided if I could use the drop down menus, when selecting my earnings reports, to select the properties I co-host for individually, but this is not an option. I can only select my property, or "all" properties. All properties then has the co-hosting properties thrown in there in a mess. 

Beyond the obvious issues with taxation, and business planning, this is just generally a frustrating oversight and nuissance. The CSV data itself is also a mess, and cannot easily be imported into accounting programs like MYOB or XERO.

Now when people approach me to co-host, I am thinking of listing their property in my name, and making them the co-host - and just having their payout set to 80%. Or, just doing an end of months accounts like a regular estate agent might do. It seems the easiest solution for better transparency and less mess. 

Anyone have any other ideas? 

Regards

Harry

0 Replies 0