Coffee, tea, breakfast - divide and separate

Cathy8
Level 8
Sydney, Australia

Coffee, tea, breakfast - divide and separate

Hi everyone,

I write to say firstly how much I love the expanded amenities offerings you can check for your listing. In Washington, DC where I host it's getting very competetive and amenities matter. That said, I wonder what everyone thinks about the new field "breakfast" (originally I believe listed as "coffee, tea, breakfast")? 

Here in DC if you offer breakfast you can be classified as a Bed & Breakfast and that changes everything from permits and licenses to health and safety and fire inspections.  For example, if you are classified as a Bed & Breakfast then every surface in your kitchen has to be non-porous, every window air conditioner unit with it's own dedicated circuit on your power board, and every power cable secured to avoid tripping.

So not many of us serve breakfast but we do offer our guests unlimited complimentary coffee and tea which my guests always comment that they appreciate. I know a lot of you probably do the same. So my question is, what do people think about an additional field below the "breakfast" field saying "tea and coffee"?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Cathy

20 Replies 20

I have a great coffee machine, and a variety of teas and beverages along with corn flakes (but no milk) and a few snacks for guests, but I make it clear that I don't provide any meals.

Still on weekends if the timing is right, I ask my guests whether they'd like to join me for pizza or whatever I happen to have ordered that day. I'd starve without food deliveries and usually end up ordering too much food for 2 people, so I'm happy to have guests join me for the occasional meal so that we can chat and get to know each other better. One of the reasons this is possible is because my guests (till now) have all been long-term guests. 

Adriana216
Level 2
Palo Alto, CA

I would prefer a different and separate window for cofee and tea vs breakfast.  A great and practical solution to avoid confusion.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It is great to see you created a topic on this @Cathy8 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

I am in a closed group on face  book for BnBs and get blistered by several who simply despise Airbnb and all that goes with it. I can see a few of their concerns, many Airbnbs don't pay business taxes and are not required to adhere to health and fire regulations. One thing they are on the rail about currently is Airbnb properties not serving breakfast. 

I point out that I do and one of their admins vomits a list of areas where she says a search shows no one does. I'd love to know the percentage of Airbnb hosts who DO provide breakfast. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.

I assume we are talking about providing coffee and tea for guests to make for themselves. I always have it available during their stay, but for long term guests I provide some breakfast treats only for the first day. English muffins, stick of butter, preserves, cheese, yogurt and orange juice are in the fridge. 

If they have just arrived from overseas, I make sure I have some soup, bread and fruit for the first day/evening. Something light! I don't list it, but they all appreciate it! 

Kevin428
Level 2
Tallinn, Estonia

I agree 100% with others - please divide those, Airbnb!