Cohost

Michelle2942
Level 2
Texas, United States

Cohost

Hi there- I’ve been a host for 4 of my own properties for a couple of years now. Trying to help my friend manage his property but Airbnb says I have to remove myself from my hosting account in order to co host. Does anyone know why this is? What’s the best solution to be able to help my friend with his property and still manage mine?

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michelle2942  I have no experience with co-hosts or co-hosting, but you were definitely given incorrect information by some clueless Airbnb rep who didn't understand what you were talking about. Plenty of hosts have their own listings and also co-host for others. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No you don't . It's simple your friend sets up his profile and his listing on Airbnb and then adds you as a co-host. @Michelle2942 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Michelle2942  Do you use the “teams” function to manage your own listings?

You can’t use the teams function and co-hosting function at the same time, wondering if this might be the issue (if there actually is an issue, as   It’s not clear if you’ve spoken to Airbnb about co-hosting or if you’ve run into a problem in the process of being added as a co-host)

Orherwise as @Helen3  says it should be as simple as your friend adding you as a co-host to their listing!