Cohosting

Jamie180
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Cohosting

Aloha Airbnb Friends,

I have been using Airbnb myself to host my condo and home and have a ton of great reviews. I've recently been requested and subsequently added as a cohost for someone in my area. The person who has reached out for hosting help is not someone I know, but just someone who needs asssistance keeping up on messages and reservation requests. The room she is renting is a second bedroom in her own home. At this point she doesn't have any reviews yet. If her home ends up receiving bad reviews...will this affect my review/profile in any way? If it were a private vacation rental I'd have less reservations, but since this is a bedroom in her own home, I cannot control the experience once the guest arrives. The host has several pets as well, which can be tricky when bringing guests into your home. Would love you thoughts on this! I've worked hard to get to where I am on Airbnb and am worried about a weird review showing up on my profile. Advice is very much appreciated.

7 Replies 7
Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Jamie180 Has she already had guests or would these be her first? It would be great to know whether she'd already had reviews. It seems to me your reservations about hosting when you have little control over the guest's experience are well founded.

@Heather133 Thanks for your message. She currently doesn't have any reviews nor does she have a booking yet. She says she has 4 dogs including 2 great danes in the home. Of course there are people who are very tidy with their pets, but I don't know her or the shape of her home. Would negative reviews impact me as well?

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Jamie180 Wow! So the listing will be titled MUST LOVE DOGS... (-; I'm fairly certain the reviews affect both accounts. Perhaps someone else here knows for sure. 

Hola cómo puedo buscar un cohost en la ciudad de Barranquilla Colombia?

Necesito un cohost en Barranquilla colombia

Meary0
Level 2
Richmond, Australia

Hi Jamie reviews are always posted on the primary host account so won't appear on your profile. Co-hosting a shared room listing can be complicated as the primary host will be the one controlling the guest experience as for this reason we do not take on any shared rooms.

Hope this helps.

Marc & MJ

Short Stay Property Management - Melbourne, Australia

www sspm com au

The host of a house we are looking at has hundreds of reviews but there are no reviews appended directly to this particular house. I found what I believe to be two reviews of the house among her many reviews.  Do you have any ideas how I can access reviews of only this house without reading 300 plus reviews.