Communication with Airbnb is terrible!! no way I can respond to a new request on time!!!

MariaElena51
Level 1
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Communication with Airbnb is terrible!! no way I can respond to a new request on time!!!

A new client wrote asking for a reservation at a lower price thar what is listed. I wrote to Airnb that  I was willing to accept by that they have to deduct comission and cleaning fee of $10 . I never received an anser from Airbnb and have tried getting back to him but they have't sent the link to answer back eithrer.

6 Replies 6
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@MariaElena51Your profile does not show you have a property listed. You need to call ABB to sort this out. Search this Community Centre for a contact number near you. Good luck!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@MariaElena51 You can send the prospective guest a 'Special Offer' once they have submitted the Booking Request. I hear Twitter Airbnb very responsive - Maybe try them.

MariaElena51
Level 1

Thank you for your quick reply. I got another message from Demond saying he knew I had acceted his reservacion, but that he was going to wait for me to accept his $200 offer because he was my only guest bringing 3 Dominican girls.(?) What I said to him was that I accepted leaving the rent for $200 but reminded him there was also a $10 fee for cleaning. I wrote the same to Air BNB and added that there was also their commision to discount from us also. I now received  a message from Antonio from Airbnb mistakedly speaking about a former rental from Alex who had come before from Feb. 26 until the the 3rd of March and I had agreed Airbnb's suggestion to lower 10% for those 5 days stay. So our $75 rent went to 68 as they suggested and I accepted. Now Desmond offers $66 per night for 4 people, which comes to the $200. I merely reminded both of the cleaning, and comission, in order to confirm his stay.

Maria Elena, Dominican Republic

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@MariaElena51

That sounds like more trouble than it is worth.  All payments are done through airbnb though, so if he has accepted your offer, or you have accepted his request, there is no going back.  If he wants out, he needs to cancel.

You do not communicate with airbnb btw, you communicate with the guest.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@MariaElena51Just wanted to point out that all you wrote about sounds like an ~Inquiry~ with all this back and forth offers and counter offers; a 'Request' on the other hand, if accepted is not subject to further haggling. Also the LESS you get Airbnb involved - the better. Also once you answer either Inquiry or Request within 24 hours the 24-hour timer stops counting, regardless of what follows after.

Just left Santo Domingo 4 days ago. Loved the visit to it.

MariaElena43
Level 2

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the advise. I'm new at this and have a lot to learn. I have a lot to learn..... 

Maria Elena