Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2022 - get involved!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2022 - get involved!

Sybe_0-1657534088539.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Hospitality has been around for centuries and accommodations may have adapted over time but the essence of the guest-host relationship of extending a welcome and a home away from home, to adventourist travellers, hasn’t changed. Every day in the Community Center we see Hosts sharing their experiences, tips, and knowledge for providing great hospitality. As the heart and soul of our community, we’d like to come together and have discussions, and share stories and tips about what has brought us here: hospitality.

From Aug 30th - Sept 2nd  we will see the return of our 3rd annual four-day Festival of Hospitality in the Community Center. 

The event will be entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. You can revisit last year’s Festival by having a look here: Festival of Hospitality 2021

We do need your help, though, so we would like to invite you to get involved.

Here are two ways:

1. Community Video: “I love hosting because…”

We would like you to record a 10-second video of yourself on your smartphone (or other device if you prefer). All videos will start with you saying “I love hosting because…”. 

We will stitch all the videos together to make our very own community video, which we will share to close out the festival.

How this works: 

• Start by recording yourself saying “I love hosting because…”
  • Record it in landscape mode, if possible (not portrait) 
  • Ideal video formats: .mov or mp4
  • Send your video submissions to airbnb-cc@airbnb.com

If you want some inspiration, check out the videos from 2019 and 2021.

1. Create a detailed topic all about hospitality:

If you would like to create a topic to be included in the week, please comment below or contact me directly to discuss this further. 

We are asking for a maximum of 750 words, which we will translate into all the languages we support here on the CC to share during the Festival. Don’t forget to include some images as well!

We know you all have so much creativity to share, so can’t wait to see what we can all learn during the Festival week!

Thanks so much,

Sybe

**Deadline for submissions is August 17th 2022 

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your video to the email address above, you authorize Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

22 Replies 22
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Thank you again so much for participating last year @Clara116 @Cathie19 @Solveig0 @Brian1613 @Laurelle3 hopefully we'll hear from you again this year!

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Debra300 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Emiel1 @Ann72 @Kitty-and-Creek0 @Lawrene0 @Helen427 @Suzanne302 @Kate867 @Christine615 @M199 @Annie1372 @John5097 @Robin4 

-----

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Sybe , just anything hospitality? Or any particular take on it? 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Solveig0 ! There isn't a specific theme so anything hospitality is welcome. 😃

-----

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Solveig0 ! How's the pup?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Great, thanks @Stephanie . But we had to put our cat to sleep last week after acute kidney failure 😢

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no so sorry to hear that @Solveig0   - sending big hugs.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Sybe  I just found your message.

I will put my think cap on and will give it a go because if you don't give it a go you will never never know. A saying we have Downunder

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Laurelle3 I completely agree and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this year! 😉

-----

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Sybe I'm thinking & working on ideas for the Festival for 2022.....This is a terrific idea and I hope many will be involved. I know my pals/buddies/friends here on CC will jump in to share their wisdom. Some folks you can count on....!!! I so enjoyed looking at the videos again from 2019 & last year!

Till soon, Clara

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Clara116 It's so good to hear from you! Feel free to tell all your friends about the festival if you think they're interested in participating. 😃

-----

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Sybe 

I love the Festival of Hospitality! However, to be completely honest, if I were to make another video about why I love hosting it would be forced and insincere given the way I feel about Airbnb right now. I do love hosting, but with the recent changes at Airbnb, I don't feel as if I should be marketing for the company as if it were all rainbows and sunshine.

I do have a topic that I could contribute on hosting in general that I will message you about to make sure it's appropriate and hasn't already been spoken for!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Suzanne302 I'm really glad to hear that you want to participate and I can't wait to read your post! 😃

The festival is about hospitality, something at the center of every Host's work, so the focus won't be on Airbnb. We're welcoming all experience in this amazing, hard-working and inspirational sector!

-----

Springs0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

@Sybe - just got your message inviting me to take part in the upcoming Hosting Event. I appreciate the invite very much. And, of course, I’d be happy to attend and provide some -hopefully helpful- thoughts/input. Thank you and see you all soon. 

Ken2692
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

Hello guys.

Am still crawling at the moment because i am so new to this forum. I do hope that i will find great lessons and alot of ideas from my other HOST members.

I would like to learn alot.

Ken