Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2022 - get involved!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2022 - get involved!

Sybe_0-1657534088539.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Hospitality has been around for centuries and accommodations may have adapted over time but the essence of the guest-host relationship of extending a welcome and a home away from home, to adventourist travellers, hasn’t changed. Every day in the Community Center we see Hosts sharing their experiences, tips, and knowledge for providing great hospitality. As the heart and soul of our community, we’d like to come together and have discussions, and share stories and tips about what has brought us here: hospitality.

From Aug 30th - Sept 2nd  we will see the return of our 3rd annual four-day Festival of Hospitality in the Community Center. 

The event will be entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. You can revisit last year’s Festival by having a look here: Festival of Hospitality 2021

We do need your help, though, so we would like to invite you to get involved.

Here are two ways:

1. Community Video: “I love hosting because…”

We would like you to record a 10-second video of yourself on your smartphone (or other device if you prefer). All videos will start with you saying “I love hosting because…”. 

We will stitch all the videos together to make our very own community video, which we will share to close out the festival.

How this works: 

• Start by recording yourself saying “I love hosting because…”
  • Record it in landscape mode, if possible (not portrait) 
  • Ideal video formats: .mov or mp4
  • Send your video submissions to airbnb-cc@airbnb.com

If you want some inspiration, check out the videos from 2019 and 2021.

1. Create a detailed topic all about hospitality:

If you would like to create a topic to be included in the week, please comment below or contact me directly to discuss this further. 

We are asking for a maximum of 750 words, which we will translate into all the languages we support here on the CC to share during the Festival. Don’t forget to include some images as well!

We know you all have so much creativity to share, so can’t wait to see what we can all learn during the Festival week!

Thanks so much,

Sybe

**Deadline for submissions is August 17th 2022 

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your video to the email address above, you authorize Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

22 Replies 22
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Ken2692 Welcome to the Community Center! The festival will be a great opportunity for you to get tips and ideas. 😃

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Sybe @Stephanie @Solveig0 and others , sorry I can't help out this year, however I'm sure plenty of others can step up and have a little fun, spread joyfulness and laughter in these challenging times we live in.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location, Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

@Sybe Thank you for the invite.  This event seems fun, but I'd like to ask a question and/or offer a suggestion.  Does airbnb offer some way for feedback to be given direct to airbnb  product managers?  Like a user group or partner event.  I am aware of the online feedback form with bot replies, it's not effective.  Airbnb CS is outsourced call center with no way to handle this sort of thing.  Any opportunities for user groups would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

@Dave52 Are you familiar with the Host Community Program? As a Host Leader for Northern AZ, I moderate the local Facebook page and surface issues to Airbnb through various means, including surveys and online Zoom sessions with product managers. Are you a member of your local host group? If there's not one in your area, perhaps you'd be interested in starting one? https://www.airbnb.com/d/community-leaders 

Alisa M Sever
Superhost Ambassador (list your place on Airbnb): https://www.airbnb.com/r/host_with_alisa
Experienced Co-host (hosting help in Northern AZ): https://www.airbnb.com/hs/yviao

Thanks so much for the evite, it's good to know. Hopefully I can come up with an important topic to share with the group.👍🏽

Tamara717
Level 1
Tamworth, Australia

I am new to Air bnb, look forward to hearing from you all 

Radoslav18
Level 2
Sofia, Bulgaria

Hi,

Someone might have asked this question already but is there any event already scheduled so we can share it to our group members in advance? This will surely help us boost the participation and also help us to allocate your time for the event 🙂 - thanks!

@Sybe 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Radoslav18 We'd love for you to spread the word about the festival! 😃

We'll post new content throughout the period and the lineup of this will be posted once the festival begins. 

-----