Community Center Festival of Hospitality - get involved!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Festival of Hospitality - get involved!

Video.jpg

Hello everyone,

Every day in the Community Center we see hosts sharing experiences, knowledge and creativity when providing great hospitality to guests. You do so much on a daily basis, that you almost don’t think about how fantastic it is and so we want to highlight this. 

So, from August 27 - 30th, together we will be hosting a four-day festival here in the Community Center! 

The Community Center Festival of Hospitality will be entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. We do need your help though, so we would like to invite you to get involved.

Here are two ways:

1. Community Video: “I love hosting because…” (yes, we want to create a video!)

We would like you to record a 10 second video of yourself on your smartphone (or other device if you prefer). All videos will start with you saying “I love hosting because…”. 

We will then paste all the videos together to make our very own community video which we will share during the week. 🙂 

How this works: 

• Start by recording yourself saying “I love hosting because…”
  • Record it in landscape mode (not portrait) 
  • Ideal video formats: .mov or mp4

**This is now closed to submissions. 

2. Create a detailed topic:

If you would like to create a topic to be included in the week,  please contact me directly to discuss this further. 

We hope this sounds like an exciting week, if you have other ideas, please do share 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie and @Stephanie 

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your video to the email address above, you authorize Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

54 Replies 54
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Stephanie @Lizzie Sent my video....the lighting isn't the best, but hopefully it will work!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Lizzie  & @Stephanie . Video being uploaded within the hour, all going well with the wifi here in Bali. Very makeshift and stars both Garry and I for a change! Catching the plane back to Darwin today. Airbnbers arrive tomorrow and it’s back to work as well..... (sigh......) 

@Stephanie & @Lizzie . Emailed video.... done and dusted!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your video is amazing  @Cathie19 – I feel you and Garry should have your own hosting tv show! 🙂 

Thank you so much for doing it, and whilst you are on holiday too (big thanks to Garry as well). I hope you both had a great time and much needed relax. Good luck with your return and happy flying. 

Speak to you soon. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie . Reality check Lizzie, we have just cleared customs in Darwin & on our way home........

Have to tear around in the morning to do a wipe down again of benches and mop floors again before I allow an early check in. Works better for me so I can then stay at work for the day! 

Glad you like the video! Lol...
That was Garry’s efforts!

Cheers Cathie and Garry 
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lizzie is there a deadline for videos? (Can I wait til I've had my hair done?!)

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Nevermind, saw the date and just did it.Sending now.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thanks @Mike-And-Helen0. I've received the video, but can't open it for some reason, if you still have the video to hand would you mind sending it again?

Also, if you are getting your hair done in the next few days, i'm sure we can wait. 🙂 

--------------------

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lizzie can I dm it to you?

Its now saying too big to go on email.

OK I see I can't dm a link. However I've sent it again. It should open as an MP4.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Mike-And-Helen0, thanks so much for all your effort with this. 

Take two worked a treat. 🙂 Awww what a lovely video. I'm super excited to share it with the others at the end of next week. Eeep. 

I hope you are enjoying the sun today. Thanks again. 

Lizzie

P.S - your hair looks great. 

--------------------

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lizzie haha thanks. They say never work with animals or children...

hahah @Mike-And-Helen0  working with animals is a treat, wait til you see my contribution, it'll have you in fits of laughter, I hope!!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Btw,  I have more reasons to love hosting but 10 seconds is extremely brief...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such a good video @Sandra126. I laughed a lot! 🙂 Thanks so much for sending this.

--------------------

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

**** Festival post made into new topic in the hosting board, take a look here: 7 things that seem to be 5 star makers.