Community Center Festival of Hospitality - get involved!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Festival of Hospitality - get involved!

Video.jpg

Hello everyone,

Every day in the Community Center we see hosts sharing experiences, knowledge and creativity when providing great hospitality to guests. You do so much on a daily basis, that you almost don’t think about how fantastic it is and so we want to highlight this. 

So, from August 27 - 30th, together we will be hosting a four-day festival here in the Community Center! 

The Community Center Festival of Hospitality will be entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. We do need your help though, so we would like to invite you to get involved.

Here are two ways:

1. Community Video: “I love hosting because…” (yes, we want to create a video!)

We would like you to record a 10 second video of yourself on your smartphone (or other device if you prefer). All videos will start with you saying “I love hosting because…”. 

We will then paste all the videos together to make our very own community video which we will share during the week. 🙂 

How this works: 

• Start by recording yourself saying “I love hosting because…”
  • Record it in landscape mode (not portrait) 
  • Ideal video formats: .mov or mp4

**This is now closed to submissions. 

2. Create a detailed topic:

If you would like to create a topic to be included in the week,  please contact me directly to discuss this further. 

We hope this sounds like an exciting week, if you have other ideas, please do share 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie and @Stephanie 

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your video to the email address above, you authorize Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

54 Replies 54
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Attention! Those that have not yet, today is the last day to send in your videos so say CHEESE!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  @Lizzie  Looking for that Video that I am sure will be FUN!!!

Waiting, looking????? Thanks a great week of post for sure!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116 It's ready, just making sure we have it for the other languages for a simultaneous release! You're going to see yourself in 7 different languages!

-----

@Stephanie  sounds totally awesome!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116 

Oh, look what I found! I love hosting because...

-----

@Stephanie  Thank you so much...............awesome job you did. LOVE IT for certain. Great to meet all those folks.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Good morning @Lizzie 

@Stephanie 

Are we having another Month of Celebration this year?

We could all do with some joy in our lives and I'm sure many will be glad to say goodbye to 2020 for whatever reason...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427,

I hope you are keeping well. 

Yes, we sure are. 🙂 We will be getting the word out about it later this month. I agree we need a bit of positivity to end the year. Would you be keen to take part? 

Just to add, Stephanie is still on Maternity leave at the moment. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Helen427  Oh yes, I'm just waiting for this **bleep**ing year to finally end...😆

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  This is exciting news.....and how right you guys are some positive stuff, good news and interesting sharing would be exactly what is in order. Missing the zoom meetings lately - but hope to be back for the next. The connections with others on here means so much to me as Florida is rather crazy with the spread and folks disregarding science and common sense, so I'm really a home body....more than I would like to be. Hugs all my buddies out there, till soon, Clara