Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Project? Share your thoughts

CC Project.jpg

-----------Update December 4th----------

Hello everyone,

In December 2017, we held our first Month of Celebration 2017 here in the Community Center. Each day a different community member posted a new topic about something positive; a story, a tip, an observation, you name it. We had some great discussions and it was a lovely way to end the year we have spent here together.

This year we are doing it again and it is already in full flight. I have created a dedicated topic above which I will be updating every day so we know where to head to find our Month of Celebration topic each day: Our Month of Celebration 2018 is taking place now...

If you would like to get involved, we still have a few more day's needing volunteer or If you are just wondering what the schedule is looking like here it is:

Updated Dec 12thUpdated Dec 12th 

I hope you enjoy reading and getting involved in all the topics. I wonder what will be up next. 🙂

Thank you to all of you involved. It is amazing to see everyone coming together. 

Lizzie & Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Cathie19,

December 30th is still available, it is now yours. 🙂

Thanks so much. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks @Lizzie.

Could you please pencil in:

Day 30: The New Year Resolution......... it’s back again!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic to hear @Cathie19. 🙂

--------------------

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie will you be posting a calendar so we know who's on which day??? Thanks, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Clara116, I've just posted a calendar below. 🙂 

--------------------

@Lizzie 4th is just fine for me....I'm excited as this will be my first on the December Project.

lovely - I'm looking forward to what all the others post! It will surely show each of us things about our community of hosts/friends that perhaps was undercover or just not known. 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Updated Dec 7thUpdated Dec 7th

This is what the calendar is looking like so far...it is coming along quite nicely. 

We still have a few days to fill, so if anyone else would like to get involved, that would be fantastic. 🙂

--------------------

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie

I'd like to join in please, Monday 10th New Zealand time..thanks

I may need a msg to remind me but have some thoughts in mind having read through your last years December project.

Can it be on any topic?

or just Christmas focused?

Thanks in advance

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427,

Aww, thanks so much for this. Sorry for my delay in getting back to you, I was away yesterday. 🙂 

December 10th is yours. 

It can be on any topic, but it has to be positive. It doesn't have to be Christmas or holiday related. It can be hosting related or not. It is up to you. A story, experience, interesting fact, tips etc. 

I look forward to your topic and any questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Aesha0
Level 6
Dallas, TX

@Lizzie I'd be happy to help.  I am flexible on dates and have a plethora of topics that I could touch on.  Just let me know how I can be of assistance. I was a host educator at Airbnb Open in LA and presented the Joy of Hosting session. Looking forward to assisting where needed!

Aesha

@Lizzie I just looked over the calender and I'll take December 8th or 12th-15th. Any of those dates work.  Just let me know what you scheduled for me 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Aesha0,

This is great to hear, thanks so much.

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you, I was away yesterday. 

I will put you down for Dec 8th, if that is still good for you. 

If you have any questions just let me know and thanks again.

Lizzie

--------------------

Ok sounds good.  I have it in my schedule. Thanks for all that you do! 

Aesha

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Joanne-Flynn0@Kimberly136@J-Renato0@Jose309@Marie405@Paul1255@Colleen47@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@Alexandra316@Robin4@Clara116@Cathie19@Helen427@Aesha0@Christine1426

We are all go for the Month of Celebration! 🙂 Thank you all for taking part, I think it will be a great way to end the year. 

I thought it might be useful to provide a few pointers on what to do, as it's been a year since the last one and some of you are new to it (it is very simple). 

Also, to highligh if you post your links back in this thread, I will also be collating them into a nice new calendar topic. I will share this with you once we get going. 

What to do....png

As you will see from the calendar we do have a few days to fill still, but I believe we can get there. If you would like to do more than one, you are more than welcome just share which day here, also perhaps you know some other people in the CC who would like to take part, so spread the word. 🙂

Any questions please do let me know along the way and I can't wait to see you topics. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie Hey thanks  for the info - I am not 100% sure how we are to do this. I have mine ready now. So would you please tell us do we post before our date? Or do I wait till Dec 4 and post??

Thanks and best, Clara