Community Centre Pop up Survey

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Community Centre Pop up Survey

Good morning from Auckland, New Zealand fellow Community Centre users, have any of you had the pop up survey about our Community Centre we are currently on & feedback?

If you have the opportunity fill it out.

It would be great to see more new faces & regular contributors in here and those of you who have popped in here the last few months & this week please keep contributing as it's good for ABB Admin to see how well we work together & to listen to our voices!!

27 Replies 27
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Yes, I did, a few hours ago @Helen427 !

Amongst all the questions about our thoughts re the CC, I was surprised to find a non-sequitur 'How safe do you feel when hosting?' - Are they trapping us, by using this to prove we need more extreme cleaning if we don't all answer 'extremely safe'? 

The survey also asked what we'd like to see more of in the CC? - Ha!  

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

That thought went through my mind to @Helen350 as did a number of other Personal safety matters people of all walks encounter.

Alas there's always a boogie monster lurking somewhere.

Without direct reference to any one particular situation it is an open ended question.

Top marks to whoever created that brief survey/ questionnaire for providing room for and inviting comments.

Many standard surveys don't which doesn't help anyone at the end of the day.

Have others here had the same survey pop up?

If so what are your thoughts?

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Helen427 

I found the " how safe do you feel hosting " question interesting.  

Personally I feel no more or less safe than before. Even though I home share I fear the covid less than I fear the way Airbnb often handles unhappy guests or hosts security.  

I felt it was a very weak and basically useless survey.  😕

@Beth80 Exactly my thoughts on the safety question. So because of not feeling safe with Airbnb as my "boss", I answered Not very safe at all.

@Helen427 @Helen350 @Beth80

Ladies.. you've already picked up on the primary (and possibly sole) purpose of that 'survey'. Expect to see a triumphant "99.99% of our hosts told us that they feel perfectly safe, happy and content hosting on the Airbnb platform" global pre-IPO Press Release going out on media blast in the coming weeks. 😉

They could've at least made the whole thing a little more convincing. A 5 year old would see through that. 

Penelope
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Helen427,

I received the survey yesterday, and closed the page after I saw the question about safety.  Nope, no thanks.  Not falling for that okey-doke.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Debra300 @Super47 @Beth80 @Helen350 oh it's so so easy to fill it out multiple times as it keeps popping up 👆!!!

How many other surveys/ and even more concerning World Wide Petitions allow that that have dreadful "consequences"??

Debra, the great thing is it provides room for feedback & ones own opinions....

It doesn't specifically state what it's intended for...

Perhaps someone can put up screenshots 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Helen427,

I don't feel comfortable contributing an opinion or suggestion for a survey with an unknown purpose.  Is it about the blog?  Or, is it trying to assess something about hosting?  You would have thought that Airbnb would stop with the ambiguous safety questions after the long discussion that we had about the post-checkout safety question posed to guests.  I don't have time for that nonsense.  Right now, I am fine tuning my personal website.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Helen427  @Debra300 @Super47 @Beth80 @Helen350 

I answered. I thought there was a cheek in asking to comment on the Community Centre - and then to ask about host safety. Exactly what type of host safety, what type of host, in home host, home share, separate property, remote host, how will the differentiation be made??! What does any of that have to do with the Community Centre? This seemed like some data mining operation specifically for safety and disguised as  CC research. The data could be skewed in any way required IMO. My answer would skew it, I know.

Underhand, misleading and manipulative. Improving the CC - Bullsh1t.

Here's the survey:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 21.28.52.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-17 at 21.29.17.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-17 at 21.29.36.png

We'll done @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

multiple times???

@Helen427 

I could probably fill multiple surveys as I went back to the url after completing and left the window open. 😉

Here's an idea...

If Hosts post their replies here I'll composite them together and submit them all to contribute to the GIGO.

@Helen427 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Debra300 @Beth80 @Helen350

Considering the management and running of the CC is outsourced to a UK company, the fact that the 'survey' referred to the Community Center (as opposed to Community Centre), and the Google form was 'created inside Airbnb', I'd say that tells us all we need to know, really. 😏

Penelope
Helen350
Level 10

🔎🔎🔎🔎🔎🔎🔎🤣🤣🤣🤣

Helen350
Level 10

Hey @Helen427 @Super47 @Debra300 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Beth80 @anyone else!

I got a second bite of the cherry! - Another survey! (The same one.) 

My answers:

Q1. Not at all well

Q2. Not at all safe (I lied!)

Q3. The first three options

Q4. Super47!

Q5. Susan17

🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😜🤠🤠🤠