Community Centre Pop up Survey

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Community Centre Pop up Survey

Good morning from Auckland, New Zealand fellow Community Centre users, have any of you had the pop up survey about our Community Centre we are currently on & feedback?

If you have the opportunity fill it out.

It would be great to see more new faces & regular contributors in here and those of you who have popped in here the last few months & this week please keep contributing as it's good for ABB Admin to see how well we work together & to listen to our voices!!

27 Replies 27
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Helen350switch that blue light device off, isn't it around 2.30AM where you are???

@Emilia42😉end result of young ones in the world. I bet @Helen350  used to sneak her light switch on and read after her parents weren't looking, or had a torch to read books under the darkness of bed covers...

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I'll consider myself chastised @Helen427 ! (There's something else I like about the CC for the survey.... just done TEN! lol.. Nighty night! (Or early afternoon chez toi?)

@Helen350 

We started to differ at Q3.

Q3: 1 and 3 the same, but I added in the Other: "To obtain knowledge to avoid Airbnb traps..."

That last part is quite pertinent. In a recent thread - describe your Airbnb experience in one word I contributed "Onerous". No other hosting platform is such hard work in avoiding pitfalls and keeping abreast of the recent 'latest' twists.

Q4: I enjoy obtaining the knowledge required to navigate the Airbnb system successfully

Q5: Some authoritative Airbnb member should be available to discuss and clarify Airbnb policy on the CC, and no problems by hosts brought to the CC should be concluded in secret DM's.

Your Q4 and Q5 answers are very similar to my Q4 answer.

I enjoy reading @Super47 posts as their content is very knowledgable and factual despite many of the establishment probably wishing it wasn't so. They need to realise this is what's really happening on Airbnb - and if they don't like it being known then they should correct their actions rather than scorn the messenger.

In the same light @Susan17  did provide in depth hosting knowledge from her continual Superhost status of 25+ awards. Such a sad loss of all that exerience.

Both their contributions to the necessary knowledge required for hosting on Airbnb and their contributions to the CC make participation so much more worthwhile.

I wish I'd thought about adding @Susan17 as an answer for Q5.. Good one!!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Priceless @Helen350 hope you used different IP addresses...

I wonder if @Inna22 

@Alexandra316have seen it?

Maybe that's why they are MIA

We will have to see if @Emilia42  goes MIA as she's pretty good at getting up to mischief as is @Ann72 

I hope everyone who completes it mentions how they feel about Covid19 related issues including been told to wear Mask/ Face coverings & clean with Lysol!!!

@Helen427 no, I have not gotten it. They must fear my answers. 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Helen427 Doh! - I don't know how to change IP address.... Do you think that will invalidate my 10 surveys???? (lol)

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Just got it! Interestingly, it only popped up after I spent a decent amount of time on the site. 

@Inna22 

It does tend to pop up instead of the "Do you really want to leave/continue message" so you need to be inactive or just reading for a while.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0@Helen350@Emilia42@Inna22@Super47@Beth80@Debra300

Glad you found the survey. Thanks to those of you who filled it out...with useful answers I might add. 🙂 

For those of you who didn't get it, it appears randomly to a percentage of registered users, so don't feel left out if you didn't receive it. We are conscious that some hosts might receive other surveys so we don't want to bombard you all. Seeing as Ian posted the survey, if you didn't receive it, feel free to message me directly if you would like to share any feedback or ideas on what you would like to see in the CC. I'm also open to other ways of gathering feedback if you aren't keen on a survey...anyone keen for a poll? 

For those of you asking about the safety question, as you all know safety plays a big role in hosting and so you are likely to see this general question being asked in surveys relating to Airbnb from time to time. It's good to get an idea of how you are feeling on this area and as it's a regular talking point in the CC we thought it would be useful to include. Maybe next time we can put an opt-out of this question, if it's included. 

Lastly, this is the first survey we've posted in the CC relating to feedback on the CC in almost 5 years. We launched it to make sure that the Community Center continues to be a place that all hosts enjoy to be part of and that community members can play their part in directing forward (so we hope most of the feedback we get will be helpful).

I hope this helps to provide more context. 

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

You know that the regular talking point about the safety questions is that they are nebulous.  We've discussed it in our meetups with you that there is no context given with regards to what  may is safe or unsafe.  Safe from physical farm?  Safe from the retaliation of an unhappy guest?  Safe from my local government blocking STRs?  Safe that I will get paid as promised?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Debra300, yeah, I agree it is quite an open question. Definitely something we can improve upon in any future CC surveys. 

Thanks for your feedback on this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The point is that "safety" shouldn't be a question at all in a survey that purports to be feedback on the CC, rather than feedback on Airbnb itself. 

I'm sure we all feel quite safe sitting in our own homes reading and posting on the CC. It's an entirely irrelevant question as far as feedback on how the CC is run. @Lizzie

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Safety online is and has been an issue discussed in CC & thanks @Lizzie for clarifying what the survey is for.

We all should be mindful of Online Safety, including to be free from online harassment & Data Protection.

There's also the Right to be forgotten online...What information is in place how to go about that process?

It would be of betterment to have that information in general terms on ABB CC and ABB main website.

Some people don't write reviews bc of that very right.

Digital footprints are important for all of us to be aware of.

The focus of Agenda21/ NWO/ RESET by those associated with World Economic Forum ( WEF) is on AI and the digital world for the 4th Industrial Revolution so perhaps we need an open discussion on ways forward with that to.